Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 194,672 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Guts on Nov 26, 2010, 05:55:15 AM
Embedding disabled, limit reached. Im sick of this message, can we please have the youtube button back?

I increased the limit to about 40 videos per page since then.

Quote from: The Ghoul on Jan 09, 2011, 01:19:56 AM
huh the alien theme is bugged, i got a blue blackground around my name (and links) and my avi as well as the news window and statistics.

Its not a problem just a little annoying.

PS: i know its bugged because the other themes are just fine.

Thanks for the report. I don't know how that slipped past me. IE users were affected.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

No problem Darkness I know how sneaky those bugs can be.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Starting today for some reason every time I am posting a reply (like now) the "Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator." text appears above and whatnot. I have not received any messages from the mods or admins about this, I looked at the rules and didn't see anything, I tried a variety of forums, so I have to wonder if this is a bug or glitch or not? ??? Does anyone else have this problem?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nothing to worry about. It's to stop people registering to spam & troll.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

About that, I am on another forum, and it takes like 3 days for that to happen. The moderators are on regularly so how does stuff like that work? and once you have established they are not a troll can't you just remove it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's a post count trigger that removes that.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

But isn't one or two enough?

Don't get me wrong I am not moaning or bitching, but I thought that would be enough. Obviously there is probably more to it than that but the I have currently made 20+ quality post and none have been verified yet  : (

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Lazy Moderators.

Wait or ignore the forum.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

The site is amazing, and as much as I am annoyed I doubt it's the moderaters fault. They seem real nice, but how does the system work, is it like when you block someone there messages are hidden so the mod has to be in the thread to know it needs verification or is it like a pm system?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If it's not the site staff's fault, then I don't know what to say.
We can't go further on this without specifying what kind of  site this is - so we could acknowledge the system it uses, perhaps. Does it use Invision power boards? Or what?

Darkness

Darkness

The system is in place to stop spamming. Remember when Predators came out and people from IMDB completely spammed our Predators board? We had to introduce post approval because of that. Lately, we've had one guy on here registering and spamming with 20+ posts before someone is online to ban him.

Post approval affects people who have under 50 posts. It was previously 5 posts but we had to increase it this week. At least for the time being. Mods are on frequently so it doesn't take very long to get your post approved if you're in this group.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember the IMDB spammers. I think they attack the site because Hicks said that the movie was better then Predator 2.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And I still stand by it.  :)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Is it on purpose that if you click on Administrator on online people it says an error page
"Error this members group does not exist or is invalid"
Cuz I just clicked on it cuz it was gold :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 20, 2011, 07:18:25 AM
And I still stand by it.  :)
I remember I got the last word in on that IMDB thread. I just "f**k YEA"d on out of there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed