The Xenomorph skull in Predator 2

Started by yautja99, Jul 10, 2007, 03:14:15 AM

Author
The Xenomorph skull in Predator 2 (Read 9,389 times)

yautja99

yautja99

Well it was cool how the AVP movies happen after that xenomorph skull was shown in Predator 2.

I love that scene!

Master Chief

yeah it was...I was actually interested in the other skulls to tell you the truth.   I mean, we know the "Alien" already but to see different skulls of other beasts got me curious.  What did they look like with fllesh?  How dangerous were they?...stuff like that.

Highland

Highland

Yeah, thats why I'd like to see Predator or even AVP extended off into a Manga adults only Cartoon Series. It would probably never happen, but theres so many back story's you can tell and planets you could visit, not to mention the battles that could be presented. They could be way over the top action but you'd get away with it.

I dont think we'll see another predator movie personally, so i think it would attract alot of attention. Animiation is very popular, especially with the Japs, who funnily enough are also responsible for alot of the cool busts and figures for predator/avp/aliens

You never know!  ;)

Corporal Hicks

I've had many dreams of manga AvP series. Or a movie. A manga movie with no dialogue could be cool.

Master Chief

The funny thing is that never occurred to me.  To have Predator in Manga would be amazing and fun to watch.  They could actually show the true hunting power of the Predator with no limitations...It running at full speed through the jungle with all of his weapons in an extremely dangerous environment...NICE!

WisePredator

I've seen manga before, it's very gory, just imagine if it were a predator series!

bullethead

A manga series would be awesome, as long as they make as realistic as possible (in terms of gore). If I were Fox, I would definitely make an unrated version with all the violence and cursing that can't be aired on TV for DVD and give SciFi or Adult Swim a censored version.

The thing is that Fox might be dumb enough to give such a show to some channel not on regular cable. That would ratings compared to using SciFi or Adult Swim and might influence any decision for another Predator series or an AvP one (though DVD sales might help).

Cellien

Cellien

Wonder if there's a space jockey head in there :P

Corporal Hicks

Thing is Fox are so narrow minded they wouldn't even see it as a good idea to make a Predator manga. Hell, they should do an Alien vs Predator one.

Sunset Pred

If they make a AVP manga series they should have main characters for the Aliens instead of just the Human and Predators. I think that would be cool.

Cellien

Cellien

This turned into the AvP Manga thread lol...

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick.  Okay gathe'round, education time.

MANGA = COMICS, of AVP we have plenty of already, thank you very much.  What all of you are thinking of-- an animated series, is ANIME.

Second, there is nothing special about Anime OR Manga other than the fact that they are from Japan.  Content and what they are allowed to feature has nothing to do with it.  The only reason why there aren't many violent, bloody, NC-17 level cartoons in Canada, America, or Europe is because the mainstream public still runs under the ignorant misconception that cartoons are supposed to be for kids.

QuoteWell it was cool how the AVP movies happen after that xenomorph skull was shown in Predator 2.

It would be, except the AVP franchise was already in the works BEFORE the skull appeared.  The people behind Predator 2 just put said skull in as a nod towards the upcoming comic book.

Highland

Highland

"theres nothing special about Animie or Manga"

Ghost in the Shell? Akira? Groundbreaking my friend, had everyone whipped up into a frenzy.

So you r saying you'd rather have nothing? Look at the success of the Clone Wars Cartoons, and they were shit house animation. Have you ever watched any Anime? some of the designs and artwork that these people come up with rival ANYTHING designed on a movie.

Were in a Digital Age, Comic books are old news. (i should know i've been collecting them for yonks), Theres so much more you can do with animation.

Uncanny Antman

He didn't say he wants comics, he was pointing out that a bunch of dumbasses kept referring to anime as manga.

Corporal Hicks

Watch that mouth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed