Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 329,603 times)

SiL

SiL

No they totally have her beating the Predator in a wrestling match  ::)

What the f**k do people expect, honestly? How much of the kool aid does one need to drink that one actually thinks this anti-"woke" rhetoric has anything to do with reality?

Bobby Buttnugget

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 01, 2022, 12:21:15 AM
Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:18:25 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 01, 2022, 12:15:54 AMLittle girl? She's a grown ass woman.
Whatever. Little woman takes out a predator that a highly trained Dutch struggled with. Really hard to make believable unless they just did a fantastically creative job with the story.

She's highly trained in other methods that could put Dutch on his ass. Wait till you see the movie. The comments about her being a woman are getting so, so tired.

Did you see the movie or just opining? So a way smaller "trained" indian would put the special forces trained Arnold on his ass? Seriously looking for any way this can be believable but I see we just have to go with the fantasy movie magic approach unless there is some genius writing involved. Based on 10 Cloverfield I doubt there will be any genius present.

SiL

SiL

He saw the film.

Bobby Buttnugget

Bobby Buttnugget

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 12:30:09 AMNo they totally have her beating the Predator in a wrestling match  ::)

What the f**k do people expect, honestly? How much of the kool aid do you need to drink that you actually think this anti-"woke" rhetoric has anything to do with reality?
I didn't say anything about woke so stop whining about it. Insert small indian male and the same is true. Funny how literally no one has any idea to make it believable. Just because paid people have youtube reactions saying it is realistic doesn't mean much. People said good things about The Predator initially too. 

Isn't anyone else tired off being disappointed by the predator and alien franchises?

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 12:34:44 AMHe saw the film.

And I should trust his vague opinion with no details?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:38:06 AMAnd I should trust his vague opinion with no details?
There's a thread with spoilers if you want more specifics.

SisterJill

SisterJill

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:38:06 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 12:30:09 AMNo they totally have her beating the Predator in a wrestling match  ::)

What the f**k do people expect, honestly? How much of the kool aid do you need to drink that you actually think this anti-"woke" rhetoric has anything to do with reality?
I didn't say anything about woke so stop whining about it. Insert small indian male and the same is true. Funny how literally no one has any idea to make it believable. Just because paid people have youtube reactions saying it is realistic doesn't mean much. People said good things about The Predator initially too. 

Isn't anyone else tired off being disappointed by the predator and alien franchises?

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 12:34:44 AMHe saw the film.

And I should trust his vague opinion with no details?

You're not saying anything new, dude, eeeeeverybody has heard and read everything you're ranting about now and everyone is tired of it. Save your outrage, go cool off, watch the movie friday and then go off about it. You know some of us save getting pissed on a movie for after actually seeing it.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:31:26 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 01, 2022, 12:21:15 AM
Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:18:25 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 01, 2022, 12:15:54 AMLittle girl? She's a grown ass woman.
Whatever. Little woman takes out a predator that a highly trained Dutch struggled with. Really hard to make believable unless they just did a fantastically creative job with the story.

She's highly trained in other methods that could put Dutch on his ass. Wait till you see the movie. The comments about her being a woman are getting so, so tired.

Did you see the movie or just opining? So a way smaller "trained" indian would put the special forces trained Arnold on his ass? Seriously looking for any way this can be believable but I see we just have to go with the fantasy movie magic approach unless there is some genius writing involved. Based on 10 Cloverfield I doubt there will be any genius present.

Yes, I saw the film and saw how she cleverly figured out how to deal with the situation because of the character development established in the film.
I'll be as vague as I want because I've been fine with not sharing exact spoilers as it's my choice to not go into details. And haven't wanted to answer the same questions over and over again, mind you. It's just that the "women not being able to A, B and C... because they're a woman" is getting so boring. I stand by the belief that Sarah Conner and Ripley would suffer the same lame arguments before their films even came out, if they were to be released in the present day as we know them.

But yes, she has methods of doing things that would put Dutch and everyone on his team on their asses if she had the opportunity. Watch the film and find out for yourself.

Trained doesn't always mean combat as well. I'm well trained in photography for example. I didn't say how or what she's trained in.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 01, 2022, 12:38:06 AMI didn't say anything about woke so stop whining about it. Insert small indian male and the same is true. Funny how literally no one has any idea to make it believable. Just because paid people have youtube reactions saying it is realistic doesn't mean much. People said good things about The Predator initially too. 

"everyone that disagrees with me is a shill"

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 01, 2022, 02:29:53 AM"everyone that disagrees with me is a shill"

I, for one, am welcoming my newly acquired title.

Shill me babyyyy.

SiL

SiL

"A girl?! You need GENIUS writing to make that work!"

Or just watch the movies.

Also it just occurred to me, the spike  trap in Predator was right next to Dutch's bonfire - why didn't he just take the Predator straight there?

Seems like he could've killed the Predator without the beating he endured, almost like his wit and cunning was always more valuable than a direct fight.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 01, 2022, 02:45:03 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 01, 2022, 02:29:53 AM"everyone that disagrees with me is a shill"

I, for one, am welcoming my newly acquired title.

Shill me babyyyy.

I shill hard and play hard.

Rankles75

Rankles75

People are arguing with someone called Bobby Buttnugget?  :-\  ;D

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 01, 2022, 07:35:34 AMPeople are arguing with someone called Bobby Buttnugget?  :-\  ;D

I did want to say I quite enjoy his name.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is anyone rewatching the other films before this? I would if I had the time.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 01, 2022, 07:42:32 AMIs anyone rewatching the other films before this? I would if I had the time.

I watched the first 3 films recently. Gave The Predator and the AVP films a miss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed