Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,131 times)

426Buddy

Ahab is the best thing to come out of F&S, probably my favorite predator character.

Good luck on L&D, I was pretty disappointed with that series. F&S is the better of the two IMO.

Kailem

From what I've gathered skimming through some posts about Fire and Stone on here it seems like the general reaction was mixed, but I certainly enjoyed it enough to want to read Life and Death. Hopefully I'll enjoy it too.

xxx

xxx

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 05, 2020, 05:37:11 PM
From what I've gathered skimming through some posts about Fire and Stone on here it seems like the general reaction was mixed, but I certainly enjoyed it enough to want to read Life and Death. Hopefully I'll enjoy it too.
:)
What certainly helped me to appreciate both comics was to compare it not with the original movies, but with Covenant and Prometheus.
If those stories presented in comics made it cinema instead of those prequels - I'd be still b*tching, but would be happier.

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 05, 2020, 05:37:11 PM

It's been a while since I read both series, but from what I remember F&S disappointed because it was doing a Prometheus and vague in all its answer, but Life and Death I rather enjoyed.

HuDaFuK

I gave Fire and Stone a go and it basically reaffirmed my general dislike of comics :P

Still Collating...

They aren't anything special at all, but I do remember having fun with Fire an Stone and absolutely hating Life and Death.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2020, 09:13:26 AM
I gave Fire and Stone a go and it basically reaffirmed my general dislike of comics :P

No, no, no. If you were on the fence with comics, Fire and Stone Prometheus is one of the worst places you could go in my opinion. It feels like you're experiencing something a teenager wrote. I remember frustratingly reading it saying "Real people don't talk this way!" 

Compare that to Predator Hunters III which I just read in the last 24 hours and is terrific. Chris Warner has been basically writing film scripts with his three Hunters series, that have a real great cinematic quality.

HuDaFuK

To be fair, the only reason I read it at all was because Hicks gave me free copies :P

Voodoo Magic

Cool!  What must one do to get on the Hicks Free Gravy Train?

HuDaFuK

My dislike of comics is based on more than a few Aliens series I haven't enjoyed. I just don't much like the medium.

The Old One

The Old One

The vast majority of the Aliens Series in the format is mediocre at best. You do yourself a disservice by not even giving the best the medium has to offer a look.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Feb 06, 2020, 04:30:44 PM
The vast majority of the Aliens Series in the format is mediocre at best. You do yourself a disservice by not even giving the best the medium has to offer a look.

Predator comics too have been more miss than hit imo.That's why I've been so enthusiastic about The Predator Hunters series. Never has Predator comics been so consistently good until Hunters.

The Old One

The Old One

For real quality stuff I recommend Saga, Paper Girls, The Wicked + The Divine, Fables, Hellboy or even Dead Orbit.  Don't dismiss a whole medium because you read something completely mediocre or garbage.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 06, 2020, 03:49:02 PMCool!  What must one do to get on the Hicks Free Gravy Train?

Wait until he upgrades singles to a tpb and hope he contacts you :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed