All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,846,742 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 04:48:52 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 21, 2020, 02:01:51 PMEh, I always thought the ANH saber fight was lame. More so after seeing RotS and then even more after seeing Rogue One. Probably going to get flak for this but that SC 38 Re-imagined video makes more sense than the actual movie fight.

Meh.  ANH showed us a couple of master swordsmen practicing an economy of movement in a duel to the death versus the overly choreographed ass-clownery on display in the prequels.  Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9GfZIGgjs

I'd say that Obi Wan has always been more powerful than Skywalker, even when he was Anakin.

Now about the duels...I'd like to see less choreographic Jedi fights and more like martial arts.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 21, 2020, 05:26:16 PM
Seriously? LOTR and Alien/s/³ and First Class/Days of Future Past/Logan. All superior Trilogies.

You're quite right.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 21, 2020, 05:34:34 PM
I'd say that Obi Wan has always been more powerful than Skywalker, even when he was Anakin.

Anakin probably had more raw potential, but Obi-Wan had more training and experience.  That counts for a lot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 05:40:01 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 21, 2020, 05:34:34 PM

Anakin probably had more raw potential, but Obi-Wan had more training and experience.  That counts for a lot.

Anakin is like the prequel trilogy: a lot of raw potential but inferior execution. Obi Wan, on the other hand, is like the personification of the Original Trilogy.  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 21, 2020, 05:26:16 PM
Seriously? LOTR and Alien/s/³ and First Class/Days of Future Past/Logan. All superior Trilogies.

LOTR is obviously THE trilogy....but it's a book. Aliens is mad disjointed and clearly made up. X men isn't even linked (Wolverine aint even in First Class outside of the bar).

The OT is about a boy that wants to be a Jedi, then kisses his sister, then watches his sister actually fall in love with his mate ( and they blow up two super bases in the same timeline). Insert kinda random Emperor baddie ala sequel trilogy but not quite as bad.

The OT is quite literally the story of one boy turned to the darkside, planned out and realised. However shit it may be, editing, acting, bad dialog, the prequels are undeniably the most linked story's in the Skywalker saga, by so many miles.

OT was done off the cuff, sequels were done off the cuff. George had a beginning, middle and end in the prequels.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Please, none of you have a clue what realistic saber fighting looks like.

This is realism to a T:

Spoiler

You're all lucky Voodoo is here to teach!
[close]

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

as much as I enjoy realism, it can stay tf out of my light saber fights  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 21, 2020, 06:34:09 PM
as much as I enjoy realism, it can stay tf out of my light saber fights  :laugh:

Yeah, I have to agree mostly with this sentiment.. as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 21, 2020, 06:31:14 PM
Please, none of you have a clue what realistic saber fighting looks like.

This is realism to a T:

Spoiler

You're all lucky Voodoo is here to teach!
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 21, 2020, 06:47:22 PM

Yeah, I have to agree mostly with this sentiment.. as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous.

I think that ship already sailed.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 21, 2020, 06:47:22 PM

I think that ship already sailed.

As great as it looks, I always thought it looked like a lot of people dancing for a musical...at least in some parts.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Ah yes, the fight where the bad guys drop their weapons for literally no reason. Thanks Rian.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah,with that scene in regards to ridiculous saber fighting, the shark was officially jumped. :-\

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I can't wait to see the Bad Batch fully animated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed