Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 75,959 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/BoardGameGeek/status/698860957615972352/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yay! Specially themed Aliens set, I guess, for the anniversary. Wonder if we'll be seeing Vasquez and more characters!  ;D

Mr. Clemens

I hate to break the news, but Vasquez has been officially confirmed to be a no-go due to likeness rights issues. :(

Still, looking forward to this expansion. I want Brett!  :)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 15, 2016, 03:04:41 PM
I hate to break the news, but Vasquez has been officially confirmed to be a no-go due to likeness rights issues. :(

Still, looking forward to this expansion. I want Brett!  :)
Any chance you have an official link for that? I'm hoping against hope lol

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 02:21:21 PM

https://twitter.com/BoardGameGeek/status/698860957615972352/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yay! Specially themed Aliens set, I guess, for the anniversary. Wonder if we'll be seeing Vasquez and more characters!  ;D
I can't wait to see what this set has inside. I felt they covered quite a bit in the game so I'm eager to see new cards! Hopefully more healing abilities lol

Eldritch_DM

Exciting news indeed! I love the Legendary game, I look forward to this new expansion!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 16, 2016, 01:57:30 AM

It might actually be linked to in this thread. It was probably from BoardGameGeeks.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2016, 08:23:18 AM

It might actually be linked to in this thread. It was probably from BoardGameGeeks.

It was. I don't have time to find it just now 'cause I'm on my lunch break, but if no one's found it by tonight I'll dig it up.  :)

elemental-of-all

I don't think this will be specifically aliens.
I think some comic stuff will be included.

All I want is an alien barracks deck, with 4 or 5 avatars. Or a way to convert the current avatars.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 16, 2016, 05:47:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2016, 08:23:18 AM

It was. I don't have time to find it just now 'cause I'm on my lunch break, but if no one's found it by tonight I'll dig it up.  :)

I just had a flick through but couldn't find it.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Aaaaand, I forgot to go find it. On lunch again, but will link it tonight!

EDIT: nevermind, found it:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/18734785#18734785

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHere you go. Predator hits in July with a SEPERATE Alien expansion hitting later this year.

Vasquez unfortunately, will never be in the set, legal stuff.

Thanks, Clemens.

Mr. Clemens

And again, sorry to break the bad news. :(

In lieu of Vasquez, I'd really like to see Apone - hopefully his inclusion as the 'face' of the Sergeant deck doesn't disqualify him. Or maybe Drake, to work in some o' that smartgun action that Vasquez would've provided...

Machiko Naguchi

I finally beat the Resurrection scenario the other day. It was a four player game with people that were all veteran gamers even though they haven't played this game before. There were a few dicey times but we eventually won with a few massive turns against the Newborn and Cloned Queen. I think the key was great team work with the most coordinate cards being used in any game I've played.

I also believe it helped that I was the priest avatar which can be very powerful with its main ability. I was able to buy several high cost cards to put in my deck since I was able to spend all my attack points as recruit points. I got the Fa Th Ur card and drew it several times and it let me scan all the rooms as well as providing four attack points.

It also helped that we were able to get rid of the chestburster card that had gotten into my discard pile. I think that was only the second time that a burster had gotten that far, but we were able to use a mobilize ability to get rid of it. Overall I think it was one of the most fun games that I have played since it was the first time I beat that scenario and the amount of team work that we had.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Feb 28, 2016, 03:06:31 AM
I also believe it helped that I was the priest avatar which can be very powerful with its main ability. I was able to buy several high cost cards to put in my deck since I was able to spend all my attack points as recruit points. I got the Fa Th Ur card and drew it several times and it let me scan all the rooms as well as providing four attack points.

I love the Merc for his reverse ability. The option of deciding between recruit and attack is just great!

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah they can both be really powerful I think. Not sure if I have done the Merc one yet but I think if you have a group that includes both of those then you should be in fairly decent shape.

Corporal Hicks

It's just the flexibility of the choice. Really powerful. I prefer either of them to the Scientist or Gunner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed