AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,072 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The entire point of the alien series. People desire to control the alien, alien says "f**k no. Ima rape some bitches." lots of people die, hero says "Well this doesn't seem to be a very good idea."
That and the aliens sort of break out of the predator's prison at least twice. It doesn't seem to work very well.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 13, 2013, 07:39:18 AM
You do remember the pyramid getting over run by aliens and destroyed. The aliens can't be controlled. From the words of Ripley 8 "She'll breed. You'll die." if they really wanted to control the aliens they'd be best to control there numbers. Instead of having 100,000 aliens run rampant and think "Well **** where did we go wrong"

Right.  They should consider controlling the egg count somehow.  After a few eggs put the queen back in the freezer. 

blood.

blood.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 13, 2013, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 13, 2013, 07:39:18 AM
You do remember the pyramid getting over run by aliens and destroyed. The aliens can't be controlled. From the words of Ripley 8 "She'll breed. You'll die." if they really wanted to control the aliens they'd be best to control there numbers. Instead of having 100,000 aliens run rampant and think "Well **** where did we go wrong"

Right.  They should consider controlling the egg count somehow.  After a few eggs put the queen back in the freezer. 

^ this is a good idea, but then have some bad guy **** that up out of greed.

War Wager

War Wager

I'd have it set on a mining planet, post AlienĀ³, with a diverse bunch of humans, a pair of Predators and a trio of Aliens. The operations been going a for a good few years, put together by a mysterious smaller company that pops up during WY's impending Wal-Mart doom. One of the monthly cargo pods contains, you guessed it, three eggies. In the scrub outside the colony there's an on-going chase between two Preddies. A bad-blood (think Predator serial killer) and his (less dickish) counterpart that gets even more interesting when the come upon hell. Awesome ensues.

I like the idea of having a Predator that doesn't use all the fancy tech. No plasma cannon, no cloak, no mines; just a mask and a blade, running around killing anything and everything. The situation forcing the Predators to work together to take out the Aliens isn't a shabby idea either. As for the Aliens they need to get back to being, well, alien. Plus that unnerving tension when you have to outsmart the beasties rather than just blow them away.

Oh and this is a reboot. I choose to throw what came before in the cornfield and move on.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 13, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
Oh and this is a reboot. I choose to throw what came before in the cornfield and move on.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd have it set on a mining planet, post AlienĀ³, with a diverse bunch of humans, a pair of Predators and a trio of Aliens. The operations been going a for a good few years, put together by a mysterious smaller company that pops up during WY's impending Wal-Mart doom. One of the monthly cargo pods contains, you guessed it, three eggies. In the scrub outside the colony there's an on-going chase between two Preddies. A bad-blood (think Predator serial killer) and his (less dickish) counterpart that gets even more interesting when the come upon hell. Awesome ensues.

I like the idea of having a Predator that doesn't use all the fancy tech. No plasma cannon, no cloak, no mines; just a mask and a blade, running around killing anything and everything. The situation forcing the Predators to work together to take out the Aliens isn't a shabby idea either. As for the Aliens they need to get back to being, well, alien. Plus that unnerving tension when you have to outsmart the beasties rather than just blow them away.

First of all, good to see you again as it seems like you disappeared for a long freaking time. Second, ace idea! I personally would rather have the Predator use just his basic weapons: cannon and blades. The Bad Blood would make for an interesting twist I agree but might that not complicate the story? That's a story in of itself.

War Wager

War Wager

Ta, and nah I don't think it would over complicate things; just imply that this Preddy kills everything and is on the run. The how and the why can be left ambiguous for us nerds!

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 14, 2013, 02:08:22 AM

Well, no-where near there :P

DC

DC

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 14, 2013, 12:52:39 PM
Ta, and nah I don't think it would over complicate things; just imply that this Preddy kills everything and is on the run. The how and the why can be left ambiguous for us nerds!

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 14, 2013, 02:08:22 AM

Well, no-where near there :P

If its a reboot call it Aliens vs. Predator, as opposed to AVP, and this idea sounds flippin sweet. You should represent the Aliens as accurately as possible too, the AVP movies really nerfed the hell outta 'em.

War Wager

War Wager

You make it sound like I'll be making something of the idea! But yeah, the Alien hasn't been even remotely threatening since 1997.

They dun f**ked up.

DC

DC

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 16, 2013, 12:54:48 AM
You make it sound like I'll be making something of the idea!

Why not? You know what I say?
Dream big, stay positive, accept all possibilities. :P

nostalgicalgorithms

nostalgicalgorithms

Personally I don't feel Hollywood will ever make another good Aliens or Predator movie. But if they make anymore I'd rather have both creatures separate (which seems to be the trend ATM) for reasons already disused abroad. The first Predator was great but I have no desire to sit through another horror like AVP. I could only make it through 30 minutes of AVP-R just to see some people die, needless to say I gave it the same treatment as Starship Troopers 2. Which was into the trash after breaking it into pieces so it couldn't procreate. If everyone does the same we can make it extinct thereby erasing it from memory in only a few generations.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Are you friends with PHANTOM, by any chance? lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: nostalgicalgorithms on Aug 16, 2013, 11:09:06 PM
I gave it the same treatment as Starship Troopers 2. Which was into the trash after breaking it into pieces so it couldn't procreate.
Good, padawan.

nostalgicalgorithms

nostalgicalgorithms

Despite my best efforts another did spawn another but I haven't scene it. I almost bought it at Best Buy only because the box looked awesome with the little figure Marauder figure inside.

DC

DC

Here's my AVP3 Idea . . .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed