What happened to good cover art?

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 21, 2007, 07:46:11 AM

Author
What happened to good cover art? (Read 3,457 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

seriously! all I see now are photoshopped mcfarlane toys.  before we had great cover art like AVP: Prey, Predator: Big Game, Aliens: Genocide.  those were awesome. why have the standards lowered so much?

SM

SM

To be honest I never thought the old art was much chop either for the most part.  i don't recall any novel covers making me go "Sweet!!"

Some comics - yes; but books - meh.

Corporal Hicks

I think some of the novels have had some sweet covers and while I do like a lot of Youll's covers, I do miss the drawn the stuff.

Bishop2

Bishop2

I think the beautifully painted art they use now look much higher in quality than the comic book-style art they used to use.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Bishop2 on Aug 21, 2007, 12:35:21 PM
I think the beautifully painted art they use now look much higher in quality than the comic book-style art they used to use.

What painted cover art have you seen lately?

Corporal Hicks

All the new stuff is photoshopped.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Well then I'm blown away, because if these things are photoshopped, that makes them the best god damn photoshops I've ever seen.

Uncanny Antman

They're technically a little of both.

It's probably most accurate to say that they are painted within photoshop using photographic elements.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Well it does say "digital" on those pages, so I guess you're correct that it's digital artwork.  But it still kicks my ass.

SM

SM

So i you use a computer it's not art anymore....  oooookay....

Uncanny Antman

Not one person in this thread said that it isn't art.

SM

SM

Ah, but one can read between the lines.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2007, 12:29:20 AM
Ah, but one can read between the lines.

And what lines would those be...?

SM

SM

The ones one must be able to read between...

WisePredator

I think I know what you mean...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed