Predator versus Judge Dredd Review

Started by dragonthingy, Oct 30, 2009, 10:07:41 AM

Author
Predator versus Judge Dredd Review (Read 1,036 times)

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Okay, this is my first ever semi-professional review. I just got this TPB today from an online bookstore. For those of you who don't know who Judge Dredd is, he is a badass cop-like law officer who acts as Judge, Jury and Executioner. Just look up everything Judge Dredd related on Wikipedia.

Plot
The Plot is fairly simple but is effective. I liked the basic structure and how it unravelled. However,  I found the ending a little weak though.
Spoiler
The Predator is dying of an illness, and is defeated when Judge Dredds gun, which explodes if anyone else holds it, explodes in it's hand, allowing Dredd to stab it with a huge boot knife
[close]
However. it had interesting elements. The major supporting character is Judge Schaffaer from Psi-Division Auxilery who is Dutch's great-great-granddaughter. Also, there is no suspenceful introduction to the Predator where the characters slowly figure out how the Predator works: the characters quickly realise what happened after going through files that used to belong to the CIA, allowing the plot to go straight into the action.
Plot: 3/5

Art
The art, now the art does not disapoint. It is awesome in every possible way, with my only, only complaint, which I'm sure you would be able to forgive (like I did) is that the Predator is Brown. Oh well.
Art: 4/5

Length
If I had one thing in this entire story to bitch and moan about, it's the length. I counted; it's like 60-70 pages long. It easily could've had another 40 and it's value would double. Everything seems slightly rushed. I mean, for a big one-off brawl between two of the most famous characters in Sci-Fi history, you'd expect an epic or at least a large page count. It's length is just long enough to work as a basic action story.
Length: 3/5

Overall
Overall, this comic is a fun, action-packed story that would be of great appeal to Judge Dredd and generic Sci-Fi/action fans, but if you were not a fan of the crazy sci-fi elements in Predator stories, you probobly wouldn't like it as much.  For example, the futuristic expletives would probobly annoy several people.Also, the ending may slightly upset Predator fans due to it's abruptness.
Overall: 3.5/5

P.S Stick in for my review of Batman vs. Predator 1. For my review of Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus, follow this link.  http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26692.new#new

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed