Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus

Started by dragonthingy, Nov 07, 2009, 10:06:09 AM

Author
Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus (Read 789 times)

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Okay, heres the next review! I've previously done a review on Predator versus Judge Dredd, and it scored a 3.5/5. How does this crossover fare? Let's find out.

Plot
The Plot is simply one of the most different Aliens plots made, but it still has it's roots in the "people want Alien, People get Alien, Alien breaks out" stories we've all come to love. Another interesting note is that many terminologies familier in the Aliens universe are altered to fit the futurstic setting. Facehuggers are "Huggers" and "Parasites"; the word "Chestburster" is never mentioned; and most different of all, the Alien has two names; the "alien" and the "incubus", a demon of folklore that impregnates women in their sleep (sound familier?) The villianous scheme is clever and the back-stabbing ways of the Weyland-Yutani corporation and the U.S government are nicely replaced with the two-faced Mutants who are running the show.
Plot: 4/5

Art
The art, I'm going to say this now, is FREAKING BRILLIANT! I have read many comics, not nessesarily Aliens ones, but the only comic I think of with better artwork is Aliens: Nightmare Asylum. This is a treat for the eyes in all of its resplendant glory.
Art: 4.5/5

Length
Now, unlike the previous Judge Dredd crossover Predator versus Judge Dredd, this story is 97 pages long, so it doesn't feel rushed in anyway, except for possibly the final battle with the Aliens. I don't really feel it needs to be shortened, and it would only need about 10 more pages if you wanted to lengthen it.
Length: 4/5

Overall
Overall, this comic is a seriously awesome crossover that beats the crap out of every Aliens story I've read except for Nightmare Asylum, Labyrinth and Destorying Angels, which also have high points in story, length and art. Seriously, it took some of the best comics of all time to outdo this book. If that isn't enough incentive to buy this book, then I don't know what is. Oh yeah there is something. The Aliens kill like 200 judges and cause incredible damage, but that isn't something to laugh about. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TAKE THAT JUDGE DEPARTMENT!!!)
Overall: 4.5/5

P.S Stick in for my reviews of Batman vs. Predator 1. For my review of Predator versus Judge Dredd, follow this link. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26586.msg561177#msg561177

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I read this back when it came out, but I haven't looked at it since. I enjoyed it, thought it was one of the better crossovers, although there were still several I liked better (especially in the art department).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed