Beautiful Monsters Book...

Started by xeno_alpha_07, May 29, 2007, 09:56:56 AM

Author
Beautiful Monsters Book... (Read 2,098 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Well a friend of mine bought this book a while back it's called Beautiful Monsters: The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Alien and Predator Films.  I'd never heard of it  until now, i read it and i noticed so many mistakes it's unbelieveable.  Has anyone else read this book? if so what did you think of it?

The Ultimate Predator

I really quite like it, good little resource. Where are the mistakes?

SiL

SiL

Love it, but the mistakes are annoying. None off the top of my head.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Love it, but the mistakes are annoying...

Even though there is alot of mistakes it is an interesting book.  Shame it wasn't offical then the mistakes would of been corrected. 

I really quite like it, good little resource. Where are the mistakes?

Theres a tone of them.  Theres also alot of false internet rumours and incorrect trivia in the book.  For Example in the AVP section of the book it mentions about a so called 'Directors Cut' being released soon with footage containing an abandand subplot that would of featured John Yutani etc, etc.  This was the same friend who told me about this  scene and i did a thread a while ago in this forum.  This info has been proven false.  It's as if the Author  read some of these things off the internet and just published them in his book.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yeah, there's a whole bunch of misleading info in it, but it's still not a bad read.  Strangely entertaining for being almost entirely things you already know.  :)

SM

SM

As I already had a multitude of books and DVDs, I remember flipping through this and thinking "More of the same". 

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I like to find new info on the movies.  My friends think i'm a total geek and a fool for it. 

War Wager

War Wager

Lol  :D, same here!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed