Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 31,802 times)

Ramjet311

Andddd... This won't help the box office in the US :(

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1037658235711438848

SiL

That explains the two versions shown recently.

Ramjet311

At least it's something to blame if it bombs

azamultic

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Not an important scene anyway. Munn's statement does amuse me though... She's right, but if people does what she did constantly, bye bye hollywood (full of these offenders), the roles and money that comes with it ! Sad world we're living in.

yautjapet

I'm really taken aback that Shane thought it was an okay idea for a convicted sex offender to have a bit part hitting on a woman. Won't be missing that scene.

The Old One

The Old One

Can't even see the article. Seeing as I'm in the UK.

Ultramorph

Bad decision on his part. Shitstorm incoming.

Gazz

Gazz

I'm constantly taken aback that shit like that is allowed to happen. Not cool, Shane.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 06, 2018, 01:04:56 PM
Not an important scene anyway. Munn's statement does amuse me though... She's right, but if people does what she did constantly, bye bye hollywood (full of these offenders), the roles and money that comes with it ! Sad world we're living in.

Good, then bye-bye Hollywood it has to be. Maybe they can build something not full of sex offenders in it's place.

EDIT: I misread your original quote.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 06, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
I'm constantly taken aback that shit like that is allowed to happen. Not cool, Shane.

quote author=BigDaddyJohn link=topic=55014.msg2313741#msg2313741 date=1536239096]

Good, then bye-bye Hollywood it has to be. Maybe they can build something not full of sex offenders in it's place.
[/quote]

That's what i hope too, but i think it's not likely.

azamultic

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 06, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 06, 2018, 01:04:56 PM

EDIT: I think I actually mistook your original quote

I am no expert on that subject, but I think "sex offenders" subject not only in Hollywood.

georgeromero

Perfect. A scandal is what we need when we are so close.

Hollywood

At least Olivia Munn is still backing the movie with promotion and stuff.

Russ840

The Old One

The Old One

I think this is the best article on the subject;
http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/why-does-shane-black-keep-casting-steven-wilder-striegel-a-registered-sex-offender.php

Disappointed in Shane Black to say the least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed