Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 77,325 times)

Russ840

Tristan really has Ripley's likeness down.

I'd like to get me some of Tristan's original pages to go with my Stokoe Page. 

The Old One

The Old One

Soon

Russ840

?

tyrannosaurusjones

Because of the nature of the deadlines, I work digitally. That said, a lot of us comic artists that DO work digitally have started offering "artist's proofs" of our pages, which are essentially once-off high quality prints of the pages themselves before they get coloured so we can see how they look on paper. I'll be offering pages from Defiance this way if people are interested, as well as the covers for Resistance.

While they won't cost as much as a traditionally pencilled page of original comic art might, they still won't necessarily be cheap, because it's still my work, and each page only gets done once. If that's something folks are interested in, then feel free to email me at tyrannojones(at)gmail(dot)com. Pages will range from 50-100 depending on the page, and splashes/double page spreads will be slightly more. I'm still trying to figure out how best to get them printed out without making them cumbersome.

SM

SM

What software/ hardware do you use?  I used to draw a lot in the dim dark ages of my teens and have been wanting to get back into it.  One of the kids has an old Wacom but it didn't seem terribly accurate.

tyrannosaurusjones

I use an old Wacom Cintiq (which is in dire need of updating, so folks should definitely buy  :laugh: ;) :laugh:) ), but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I love it.

SM

SM

I'll have to have another look at what model it is.

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Nov 28, 2018, 10:20:54 PM
Because of the nature of the deadlines, I work digitally. That said, a lot of us comic artists that DO work digitally have started offering "artist's proofs" of our pages, which are essentially once-off high quality prints of the pages themselves before they get coloured so we can see how they look on paper. I'll be offering pages from Defiance this way if people are interested, as well as the covers for Resistance.

While they won't cost as much as a traditionally pencilled page of original comic art might, they still won't necessarily be cheap, because it's still my work, and each page only gets done once. If that's something folks are interested in, then feel free to email me at tyrannojones(at)gmail(dot)com. Pages will range from 50-100 depending on the page, and splashes/double page spreads will be slightly more. I'm still trying to figure out how best to get them printed out without making them cumbersome.

Im interested. Let me get Christmas out of the way. I'll drop you a email soon to see if we can sort something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Warm-up art from Robert Carey -

I haven't listened to yet but I'm looking forward to.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Nov 28, 2018, 10:20:54 PM

Bugger T-Rex, you're gonna send me broke. Let me take a peep in January pls. I was gonna buy an Oculus Rift but now I am gonna have to buy your art :P

SM

SM

All I can afford is a Resistance comic from Minotaur and hope he's working that day so he can sign it.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Is that gonna be AUD?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2018, 11:49:08 AM
Is that gonna be AUD?

I hope so, if it isn't I will need more money  :-X

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Warm-up art from Robert Carey -

[html]

I haven't listened to yet but I'm looking forward to.

I'm about an hour in and Carey is a bit of a Dark Horse! His favourite Alien design is Resurrection/AvP. And he likes Resurrection.  Love someone with some differing taste.

Seems like a pretty cool bloke. Hopefully be able to get him on the show when the run is done.

SM

SM

I saw the art for the first two issues the other day.

Fear ye not if you don't like the Resurrection design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed