None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
7 (29.2%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
13 (54.2%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 2,846 times)

SiL

The final design is pretty accurate to Giger's aesthetic. They didn't use as much actual tubing in the sculpt but the detailing itself is right out of a Giger painting.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Nov 25, 2023, 11:19:51 PMThe final design is pretty accurate to Giger's aesthetic. They didn't use as much actual tubing in the sculpt but the detailing itself is right out of a Giger painting.
Well there is one redesign that put in more giger but I think the artist would adjust the limbs, it be better

Still Collating...

I would like a total redesign back to the originals. I know that every movie redesigns the Alien. I wish that would stop. Cause the changes got more and more drastic. The first 3 films had the most consistency. Alien3's Runner is the fleshiest I can go with. I want the biomechanical look back on the big screen again. It's been too long.
What separates the Alien from Pumpkinhead and from every other generic fleshy mutant monster, is the biomechanical look. AR was the first to lose that aspect too much.

You want a new Alien? DNA reflex, or a new caste. Don't go redesigning the old thing again and again, return it to it's true glory.

You can go more biomechanical, not less as far as my concern.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 25, 2023, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 25, 2023, 05:08:26 PM:laugh:

The humanoid skull.

Poor man just can't escape...
Hey he wants something biomechanical so I gave him something biomechanical 

>:(

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2023, 04:34:54 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 25, 2023, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 25, 2023, 05:08:26 PM:laugh:

The humanoid skull.

Poor man just can't escape...
Hey he wants something biomechanical so I gave him something biomechanical 

>:(
;) 👍

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 26, 2023, 01:01:02 AMI would like a total redesign back to the originals. I know that every movie redesigns the Alien. I wish that would stop. Cause the changes got more and more drastic. The first 3 films had the most consistency. Alien3's Runner is the fleshiest I can go with. I want the biomechanical look back on the big screen again. It's been too long.
What separates the Alien from Pumpkinhead and from every other generic fleshy mutant monster, is the biomechanical look. AR was the first to lose that aspect too much.

You want a new Alien? DNA reflex, or a new caste. Don't go redesigning the old thing again and again, return it to it's true glory.

You can go more biomechanical, not less as far as my concern.
Yeah we actually need more biomechanical monsters in general, there hasn't been much up there recently

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 25, 2023, 02:10:44 PMNot remotely, I more meant the overall inclusion of muscles, sinews and flesh in addition to the biomechanical across the whole design. As for the execution, stapling a head on to an unrelated design, never a good idea. That beside I can say without exaggeration that I hate Alex Vasin's 3D model, it's ugly and very poorly proportioned. Much prefer this stuff: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhDWXJJ9i9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePGzPdKMcR0
This guy gets it:
https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/2757779/0033e212af/dog-alien-sculptures-and-bust-fanart-collection-3d-model-obj-stl.jpg

What would the ideal form for the Alien Sentry 

jacobo1122

I mean it depends what it is supposed to be. If it's some new hybrid, I'm ok with some wild alterations. When it's normal, human-based Xeno, I like more subtle changes but I like when they are made. Classic Big Chap is great, but that design had its limitations, since in the end it was just guy in a rubber suit. I'm not a big fan of straight humanoid legs. They doesn't fit very well for a creature that is supposed to be agile and can climbing walls and crawling through narrow spaces. That's why I think that perfect Alien design is Stmopy from Isolation. Designers took what is best about original, and improved upon it, changing to a more animalistic legs, and making it so much bigger. I mean, Badejo was tall and looked badass in costume, but stompy is intimidating as f**k with its height. I also like Aliens from Ressurection, but that's probably because how great they look in motion in terms of special effects. But although I prefer biomechanical look, I don't mind more fleshy look, because it fits the plot and was made purpously. So I hope that in Romulus they will stick to classic look, but also make some small changes, to make it interesting and distinct.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Dec 11, 2023, 09:28:40 AMI mean it depends what it is supposed to be. If it's some new hybrid, I'm ok with some wild alterations. When it's normal, human-based Xeno, I like more subtle changes but I like when they are made. Classic Big Chap is great, but that design had its limitations, since in the end it was just guy in a rubber suit. I'm not a big fan of straight humanoid legs. They doesn't fit very well for a creature that is supposed to be agile and can climbing walls and crawling through narrow spaces. That's why I think that perfect Alien design is Stmopy from Isolation. Designers took what is best about original, and improved upon it, changing to a more animalistic legs, and making it so much bigger. I mean, Badejo was tall and looked badass in costume, but stompy is intimidating as f**k with its height. I also like Aliens from Ressurection, but that's probably because how great they look in motion in terms of special effects. But although I prefer biomechanical look, I don't mind more fleshy look, because it fits the plot and was made purpously. So I hope that in Romulus they will stick to classic look, but also make some small changes, to make it interesting and distinct.

I like A4 too but with a number of major drawbacks and if I had had something to say, it actually wouldn't have been made.
All the design decisions here were only adapted based on the Sets and have no logic whatsoever for me.
"Hey, we have an underwater scene, give the aliens webbed feet.
And give them animal legs, in one scene you see the alien walking through a hallway, that doesn't look good with normal legs!"

I admit that it can quickly look not good, especially with a walking alien with human legs.
That was also the reason for Creative Assembly to go this route.
I also agree that they did a really good job.
In the first film you don't see the creature walking. Actually not in the second one either, because that was the first time they crawled along the ceilings.
In the third film you could show more because the movement was completely different.
Doggy could walk on all fours and on 2 legs.
But in A4 and AvP they move almost the same way and that makes it pretty illogical to me.

SiL

I mean they did show them walking - just from the waist up.

Neila

Quote from: SiL on Dec 12, 2023, 09:51:26 AMI mean they did show them walking - just from the waist up.
thats right, you dont see the legs in these scenes.
It's much easier for them to portray Pred because he moves almost like a human

SM

What was illogical about the walking in Resurrection and AvP?

SiL

It's not the walking, it's redesigning the legs specifically to show in CGI that they're not human like, or adding a fan to the tail just because they'll swim in one scene.

I mean sure there is a logic there but it's a dumb one.

jacobo1122

In CGI, costume or graphics in video game, normal legs just didn't looked good in movement, so it was good decision to change them in A4 or Isolation. Hell, even in many comics when artists are using classic Big Chap design with original legs, many panels with it in motion can look ankward. And so in Destroying Angels for example they went with blend of classic and Ressurection design. And as for adding a fan to a tail for it to fit the swimming scene, I can't blame them, this scene is awesome :) Besides, it's not like it looks bad outside the water or anything.

SiL

Normal legs have looked fine. Destroying Angels is just the AR design except for some closeups of the mouth.

BlueMarsalis79

The Resurrection design infused with biomechanics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed