Why hasn't a synthetic been hosted yet?

Started by Bishop David Ash, Apr 26, 2023, 03:31:34 AM

Author
Why hasn't a synthetic been hosted yet? (Read 2,588 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 26, 2023, 02:13:29 PMI think the closest we have gotten is the android Elden being infected by Black Goo in Fire and Stone.
But that is already a contradiction as David wasn't infected by it in Prometheus.

And that was only because the writers didn't seem to know how he was special or not. My interpretation of it had been that he was something akin to a Replicant, and was actually biological, or mostly biologicial (because I'm sure I remember him having the marbles and etc in the artwork).

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 28, 2023, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 06:31:51 PMOn a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil

I can actually totally see this scene happening if Ridley Scott had the opportunity to make a sequel to Covenant. It'd be a modified version of the pathogen of course, David's own design, as he basks intimately in his creation of pure organic chaos to something classical like 'Entry of the gods into Valhalla' 😄

There had been some thought on Fox's part in having Aliens born from synthetics. Josh Izzo talked about it on his recent Perfect Organism appearance. Seanan McGuire also spoke about it being an earlier concept when she was writing Alien: Echo. And I really dislike it. It's just been such a thing in the Alien universe that the Aliens leave the synths generally alone and can't be used as hosts.

I genuinely think Scott will think it's a great way for the Aliens to become biomechanical and it's just another one of those concepts I don't want to see introduced.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2023, 07:23:40 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 26, 2023, 02:13:29 PMI think the closest we have gotten is the android Elden being infected by Black Goo in Fire and Stone.
But that is already a contradiction as David wasn't infected by it in Prometheus.

And that was only because the writers didn't seem to know how he was special or not. My interpretation of it had been that he was something akin to a Replicant, and was actually biological, or mostly biologicial (because I'm sure I remember him having the marbles and etc in the artwork).

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 28, 2023, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 06:31:51 PMOn a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil

I can actually totally see this scene happening if Ridley Scott had the opportunity to make a sequel to Covenant. It'd be a modified version of the pathogen of course, David's own design, as he basks intimately in his creation of pure organic chaos to something classical like 'Entry of the gods into Valhalla' 😄

There had been some thought on Fox's part in having Aliens born from synthetics. Josh Izzo talked about it on his recent Perfect Organism appearance. Seanan McGuire also spoke about it being an earlier concept when she was writing Alien: Echo. And I really dislike it. It's just been such a thing in the Alien universe that the Aliens leave the synths generally alone and can't be used as hosts.

I genuinely think Scott will think it's a great way for the Aliens to become biomechanical and it's just another one of those concepts I don't want to see introduced.

I agree - leave the synths alone. The augmented engineers as seen on LV-233 are more than sufficient to explain biomechanical Xenomorph. Aside from looking almost identical externally, it makes sense since the engineer 'suits' appear to actually be their bodies (as seen in the naked engineer that David awakens from cryo on the Juggernaut ) and on the fact that we know xenos take traits from their hosts. No need to go the android route at all 😅

Shinawi

An even more effective synthetic would be the kind that could transform into a furniture or a wall.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 06:31:51 PM

Elden was some sort of "meat android" IIRC so there's probably a biological component to him

On a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil

I imagine this all the time. 🤤

Kradan

Can't blame ya. Dude is hot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed