Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,750 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

"I know I'm still human. And if you were all these things, you'd just attack me right now. So some of you are still human."

Class.

SiL

SiL

Alien

It's been far too long since I just sat down and watched the movie end to end. Phone off, nobody else at home, just letting the film happen. f**king great.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteI thought it was clever in the prequel the way a duplicate/alien was detected.

Yes,  I had completely forgotten about that when watching the film :) so it was a good touch.  I still had my issues with the film but did enjoy the film if I'm honest this time around.

Quote I also liked the Swedes er Norwegian characters were actors from there.

I see what you did there  :D

I have on disc a US tv recording of The Thing that has some extra scenes in it plus a narration that introduces each character.  You can find the extra scenes on youtube.

Quote from: Prez on Nov 02, 2021, 03:59:38 AM
Carpenter's 1982 film is superb. In my top 5.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 02, 2021, 08:59:28 AM
"I know I'm still human. And if you were all these things, you'd just attack me right now. So some of you are still human."

Class.

It's definetly in my top 10 and definetly a class fim.  I love the praticle effects in The Thing as well.  Brilliant.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2021, 12:20:24 PM
It's been far too long since I just sat down and watched the movie end to end. Phone off, nobody else at home, just letting the film happen. f**king great.

God, that sentence sounds so beatiful

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Well said on both accounts  8)

Stitch

Stitch

On Halloween, me and my girlfriend watched a load of spooky / horror movies, including Willy's  Wonderland, The Conjuring 3, and Little Shop of Horrors.

Highlight, however, was Happy Halloween Scooby Doo! I recommend any and everyone to watch it. It has Aliens and Predator references, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is a guest star, and there are even points where it seems to be riffing on Mad Max Fury Road. It's awesome!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

So hilariously stupid it's fun to watch. "I hoped I'd get to nail you one more time!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2021, 12:59:59 AM

So hilariously stupid it's fun to watch. "I hoped I'd get to nail you one more time!" :laugh:

Even as a fan of Moore's graphic novels I must admit this film is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The forgotten battle (3/5)

Pretty solid WW2 movie which shows points of view from both sides. Although, not much goes into the whole 'Forgotten Battle'...battle...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The Drifting Classroom (1987)

QuoteAn international school in Kobe, Japan is catapulted into the future after a timeslip occurs. Stranded in a mysterious desert full of sand and monsters, the children must survive and try to find a way home.

A rare film based on Kazuo Umezu's manga series.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Nov 04, 2021, 06:10:56 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2021, 12:59:59 AM

Even as a fan of Moore's graphic novels I must admit this film is a guilty pleasure of mine.

The first two volumes of the comics are great, but they kind of fell off after that for me.

Thunderball

"You should have told me your wife was here!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Halloween Kills
Boy that was a lot of kills. I enjoyed it but ...
Spoiler
Even though it was from a distance I hated that they showed Michael without his mask on. Kinda took me out of the movie. I liked the fact they brought back a lot of original 1978 characters. That said a lot of the kills felt pointless. That makeup for Loomis' character was spectacular.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 01, 2021, 02:39:22 PM
The Thing (1982) & The Thing (2011)

Watched both films for Halloween.  Not a fan of the prequel but it was good to watch for Halloween.

Mine too!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Money Talks

It starts out as fun little buddy action comedy, and then the finale is some of the craziest shit ever. "Girl, you phat." :laugh:

Antlers

This was quite enjoyable. I have a couple of minor gripes with the third act, but otherwise this was a solid horror movie.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 05, 2021, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 01, 2021, 02:39:22 PM
The Thing (1982) & The Thing (2011)

Watched both films for Halloween.  Not a fan of the prequel but it was good to watch for Halloween.

Mine too!

For the best sci-fi meets horror it's only pipped by Alien in my opinion. The fact so many `questions' are not answered (as in was he or wasn't he infected) makes it even more brilliant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed