Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,444 times)

Prez

Prez

Terminator Dark Fate
Went in with a lot of the negative comments in my head ... and ... to my pleasant surprise ... enjoyed it immensely. It's bombing at the box office but it's easily the best Terminator since T2 ... I'll give it a 3/5 on the Huggs scale. And if this is it for Terminator films (well in the immediate future it would seem) then for me personally at least it went out on a high.

What took me by surprise was for the first time since the T2 I found the enemy Terminator actually terrifying to watch - I wasn't convinced of Gabby Luna's casting at first but after 10 mins of watching this he convinced me otherwise.

Spoiler
That harsh beginning though ... wow ... I thought the beginning of A Quiet Place was shocking but this one took me by surprised. Also I'm usually the first to cringe at anything woke in modern movies but found none of it in this one. That said as much as I like Mckenzie she's nowhere near as strong as Sarah Connor is.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2019, 12:28:13 PMVery true, especially with the polar bear bit. :laugh:

Speaking of, I also love when all the old men townfolk stand around having a full-on TV episode ending-chuckle at that guy's expense moments after having graphically shotgunned his boss to death :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 25, 2019, 01:28:05 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2019, 12:28:13 PMVery true, especially with the polar bear bit. :laugh:

Speaking of, I also love when all the old men townfolk stand around having a full-on TV episode ending-chuckle at that guy's expense moments after having graphically shotgunned his boss to death :laugh:

And they totally just waited for Dalton to do all of the work before they finally did anything. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2019, 08:46:20 PMAnd they totally just waited for Dalton to do all of the work before they finally did anything. :laugh:

In fairness, his reputation precedes him wherever he goes.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 24, 2019, 11:39:45 PM
Batman 1989

Joker makes the movie

Yeaaaah buddy!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 25, 2019, 08:57:19 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2019, 08:46:20 PMAnd they totally just waited for Dalton to do all of the work before they finally did anything. :laugh:

In fairness, his reputation precedes him wherever he goes.

Yeah, I never knew bouncers had rep before this. :laugh:

The movie really needed more Sam Elliott, though, come to think of it.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 25, 2019, 09:03:37 PM
Batman 1989

Joker makes the movie

Yeaaaah buddy!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/xVBBVVdNF9QGs/source.gif

He was born for that role, wasn't he ? I honestly prefer him to TDK's interpretation.

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Same.

It's hard to argue Ledger's wasn't the finer acting performance, but I far prefer Jack's take. He's such a joy to watch.

The Old One

The Old One

Controversially I actually think apart from Jared Leto's Joker of course, it's not the strongest live-action Joker, absolutely no subtlety and the Joker and Batman fighting over a love interest completely misses the point. The film itself is the weakest of the "good" Batman films, perhaps apart from the last Christopher Nolan Batman.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jack is always good, even in garbage like The Terror.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 25, 2019, 09:26:34 PM
Same.

It's hard to argue Ledger's wasn't the finer acting performance, but I far prefer Jack's take. He's such a joy to watch.

This .

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 25, 2019, 09:22:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 25, 2019, 09:03:37 PM
Batman 1989

Joker makes the movie

Yeaaaah buddy!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/xVBBVVdNF9QGs/source.gif

He was born for that role, wasn't he ? I honestly prefer him to TDK's interpretation.

Absolutely! Totally agree! And Jack aces the laugh!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jack is the Golden Age gangster Joker. He even puts on flesh colored makeup like in the character's first appearance.

Cesar is the mostly harmless but still sinister Silver Age Joker.

Heath is somewhere in between Bronze Age Laughing Fish Joker and modern psycho Joker.

Jared is trying for Morrison's Joker but not landing it.

Jouaquin is society's Joker.

Prez

Prez

"You look fine" Alicia Hunt.

"I didn't ask" Jack Napier.

Huggs

Huggs

In The Line Of Fire (3/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed