Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,198 times)

Russ

Russ

The King.

Ace take on Henry V, thankfully with no revisionist SJW message.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ransom (1974)
An interesting Hostage film starring Sean Connery and Ian McShane. The very end did seem very rushed

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Terminator: Dark Fate

I actually ended up really, really liking this one. The first two acts are admittedly a little too familiar, and some of the setup is a little clunky, but it all came together very nicely starting with Arnold's re-introduction and the third act and ending were great. It's not T1-2 good, but it easily beats 3-5.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 05, 2019, 08:44:40 PM
Terminator: Dark Fate

I actually ended up really, really liking this one. The first two acts are admittedly a little too familiar, and some of the setup is a little clunky, but it all came together very nicely starting with Arnold's re-introduction and the third act and ending were great. It's not T1-2 good, but it easily beats 3-5.

Just the first two acts?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Big Trouble in Little China

"Hollow?" "Hollow." "f**k it!"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 06, 2019, 04:02:00 AM

"If we're not back by dawn, call the president."

Prez

Prez

The Ol Porkchop Express!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's all in the reflexes...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I feel kind of.....Invincible

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't wanna hear Act of God.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

"The Fisher King"

Love Robin Williams in this... :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

RocknRolla (2008)
Not as good as  Lock, Snatch or Mean Machine but still pretty good.
And a great cast as usual.

Hollywood High (1976)
Probably the oldest screwball type flick I've ever seen.
Lots of dumb puns, a guy who calls himself The Fenz, a camp teacher called Mister Flowers, a midget called Big Dick, a muscled guy
named Rocky,...
To the tunes of songs like On The Beach Of Bandits, Beach Love and other songs you've never heard before.

Can I get a "Hail, The Master!"?  ;D

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Nov 06, 2019, 08:40:03 PM

"The Fisher King"

Love Robin Williams in this... :)

Certainly one of his best performances. I also love him in One Hour Photo and World's Greatest Dad.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 07, 2019, 04:49:15 AMRocknRolla (2008)
Not as good as  Lock, Snatch or Mean Machine but still pretty good.
And a great cast as usual.

Love the scene where Mark Strong walks into the room to find Gerard Butler tied up face-down on the bed with two Russian nutters dancing over him in their underwear to Russkie death metal, machetes in one hand, bottles of vodka in the other. Gerard's looks at him, imploring him to help, and he just sits down to watch :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Return of the Jedi
Still my favourite film of all time ever since I saw it in the cinema way back in the 80s.
Most flawed out of the Original Trilogy? Absolutely.
But it's got teddy bears in it!!! Who cares. Love those Ewoks. They weren't so cute as to not try to cook and eat our heroes.
Green lightsabre. Nuff said.
Best space battle in all of the Star Wars films? Yep. You bet (with the battle of Yavin a very close second).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Always been my favourite of the trilogy too. As dumb as Ewoks beating the Empire's crack troops is (and just when exactly did they get time to build all those giant siege machines in the two minutes since they decided to help?), the other two prongs of that three-way final battle - the space dogfight and Luke vs. Vader and the Emperor - are just incredible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed