Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,145 times)

Huggs

Huggs

AVP (2.5/5)

The Old One

The Old One

JOKER.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Devil's Rejects

"You're my brother and I love you... but I love my cocaine better."

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

"We ain't never buyin' chickens from him again, boss! "

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"Last thing I need is horny robots walking around and tripping over shit."

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
A bit dated but still often creative and fun. Unlike part two, this one is a worthy follow-up to the first film.
7.5/10

Prez

Prez

Alien Director's Cut
Unfortunately I don't have a UHD player so I had to opt to watch the BluRay instead. Even after almost 40 years of watching this film I still find new little things that surprise. I actually watched the film with subtitles on - picked up a few bits of dialogue I've never knew was in there. One being Ash saying `this is serious' when Kane starts gagging at the dinner table. Ian Holm almost curious, anxious and excited constantly glance in that scene is amazing.

What truly constantly surprises me about this film is how quick the pacing ramps up once Kane gives birth.

SM

SM

The Directors Cut it fairly flies by after the chest burst.  Too quick for my taste.  You lose the 'what are my chances scene', the cutaway to Parker going to refuel the incinerator and a lot of scenes get top and tailed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The placement of the Dallas cocoon scene kills the pacing a bit, too.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Oct 07, 2019, 12:44:39 AM
The Directors Cut it fairly flies by after the chest burst.  Too quick for my taste.  You lose the 'what are my chances scene', the cutaway to Parker going to refuel the incinerator and a lot of scenes get top and tailed.

Definitely.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2019, 01:11:42 AM

Yer it does. That said I love seeing it. It is genuinely so creepy to watch and the only time on film we've seen egg morphing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Oct 07, 2019, 01:32:40 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 07, 2019, 12:44:39 AM

Definitely.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2019, 01:11:42 AM

Yer it does. That said I love seeing it. It is genuinely so creepy to watch and the only time on film we've seen egg morphing.

It wouldn't be a problem at all if it were placed earlier as the drafts of the script indicate.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've never much liked the Director's Cut to be honest. Mostly because it lops out the "What Are My Chances?" scene, which, combined with the vents right after, is my favourite part of the whole movie.

The only change I come close to wishing was in the theatrical is when they listen to the transmission on the bridge, but then Ridley went and spoilt it by changing the original, creepy as f*ck noise to a really generic one :-\

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 07, 2019, 09:50:08 AM
I've never much liked the Director's Cut to be honest. Mostly because it lops out the "What Are My Chances?" scene, which, combined with the vents right after, is my favourite part of the whole movie.

The only change I come close to wishing was in the theatrical is when they listen to the transmission on the bridge, but then Ridley went and spoilt it by changing the original, creepy as f*ck noise to a really generic one :-\

Totally hear ya on all of that.

SM

SM

Can't hardly hear the new transmission sound effect.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 06, 2019, 06:02:53 PM
"Last thing I need is horny robots walking around and tripping over shit."

"I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed