Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,485 times)

Russ

Russ

Ah-ha - Didn't realise he was "Bone Tomahawk" guy... now that was ace and awesome - loved that movie! This one... not so much... but there were some inventive gross things going on, I'll give it that.

First Blood

First Blood

Give Dragged Across Concrete a looksie as well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on May 22, 2019, 04:34:01 PM

I've listening to and smelling that for the last 85 minutes.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: First Blood on May 22, 2019, 01:06:00 PM
S. Craig Zahler tends to over indulge himself with his movies. They're good, but he adds a lot of unnecessary elements.

In a Tarantino sort of way?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2019, 12:43:21 AM
Quote from: First Blood on May 22, 2019, 01:06:00 PM
S. Craig Zahler tends to over indulge himself with his movies. They're good, but he adds a lot of unnecessary elements.

In a Tarantino sort of way?

Tarantino is more dialogue wise imo.
Zahler can spend too much time on character development. Especially in Dragged Across Concrete.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: First Blood on May 22, 2019, 04:34:01 PM

Will do, thanks man.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 23, 2019, 03:24:16 AM
Tarantino is more dialogue wise imo.
Zahler can spend too much time on character development. Especially in Dragged Across Concrete.

Which was the case in "Brawl" - I mean, we really "got" why Bradley was doing what he was doing and we cared... but I think we'd have cared anyway with 15-20 mins less set up.

On the other hand, I like that he broke the rules and just let the film grow...

Who knew a beat 'em up'd leave me conflicted!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Us (2019)
Lost interest halfway through. Looked up the rest of the story on Wikipedia and was glad I didn't spend time watching the second half.
Wouldn't say it's that bad, just not my cup of tea.

Quote from: Russ on May 23, 2019, 12:26:27 PM
Which was the case in "Brawl" - I mean, we really "got" why Bradley was doing what he was doing and we cared... but I think we'd have cared anyway with 15-20 mins less set up.

On the other hand, I like that he broke the rules and just let the film grow...

Who knew a beat 'em up'd leave me conflicted!

I didn't mind with Brawl. I did with Dragged.

Still... Both quality movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Prisoners

I didn't know this was Villeneuve until his name appeared in the end credits, but as soon as it did I realised of course it was. Great movie, really has you asking some uncomfortable questions. Gyllenhaal in particular was fantastic.

xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Been a while since I've seen a mainstream film this mental and incomprehensible. I especially liked the bit where the villain just instantaneously switched sides. Like there wasn't even a brief shot of him with a look of conflict on his face or anything, he just suddenly decided he was on Vin Diesel's side right in the middle of a chase scene.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2019, 09:37:11 PM

xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Been a while since I've seen a mainstream film this mental and incomprehensible. I especially liked the bit where the villain just instantaneously switched sides. Like there wasn't even a brief shot of him with a look of conflict on his face or anything, he just suddenly decided he was on Vin Diesel's side right in the middle of a chase scene.

So basically if Statham became a good guy by the end of Furious 7, instead of waiting until the next movie.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Silent Hill (2006) Still one of the better video game movies out there, next to Mortal Kombat and Yakuza: Like A Dragon. Genuinely creepy stuff and a very satisfying, yet incredibly gory finale make this one a winner. Haven't seen a bad movie from Cristophe Gans yet. 8/10

P.S. - Don't watch the sequel.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: P-Rock on May 23, 2019, 09:56:34 PM
Yakuza: Like A Dragon.

I need to watch that one. I liked Miike's Ace Attorney movie, even if it was something like half an hour too long.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: P-Rock on May 23, 2019, 09:56:34 PM
Silent Hill (2006) Still one of the better video game movies out there, next to Mortal Kombat and Yakuza: Like A Dragon. Genuinely creepy stuff and a very satisfying, yet incredibly gory finale make this one a winner. Haven't seen a bad movie from Cristophe Gans yet. 8/10

P.S. - Don't watch the sequel.

Too late. Saw it for free though, so I'm wasn't out any money.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 23, 2019, 09:43:49 PMSo basically if Statham became a good guy by the end of Furious 7, instead of waiting until the next movie.

Sort of... Except even F&F8 had at least some tension between Statham and the rest of the crew. In this Donnie Yen literally spontaneously switched sides an no more was ever said of it.

Russ

Russ

The magic of the movies, HuDa  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Heavy Metal 2000
Enjoyable film, fun movie. Got to love violent animation

Fortress
I'd forgotten some of the cast who appeared in this. Also mine has the full original ending so happy with that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed