Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,223 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 11, 2019, 01:51:01 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2019, 01:45:30 AM
I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, but what I don't get is why they changed it for TDK. In Begins he mainly uses a deep voice and only goes growly when he's intimidating Flass. In TDK he's growling in every scene, and in TDKR he's growling and shouting at the same time a lot more, which is for me is the worst it ever gets.

He honed it in Terminator: Salvation  ;)

You errrrrr the rrrreeeessintance...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2019, 01:52:24 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 11, 2019, 01:51:01 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2019, 01:45:30 AM
I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, but what I don't get is why they changed it for TDK. In Begins he mainly uses a deep voice and only goes growly when he's intimidating Flass. In TDK he's growling in every scene, and in TDKR he's growling and shouting at the same time a lot more, which is for me is the worst it ever gets.

He honed it in Terminator: Salvation  ;)

You errrrrr the rrrreeeessintance...

You can get me inside skynet, find Kyle Reese...ryyaauuhhh?

In his defense though, salvation did have Worthingtons trademark "no" scream.

Stitch

Stitch

Highlander. The Highlander episode of the Goldbergs was on, and I thus found out that my girlfriend had never seen Highlander. Obviously, I had to show her the awesomeness of it!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
A timeless classic and one of my all time favorite comedies.
I remember already liking this when I was a kid. And as the years go by it's still great.

High Plains Drifter (1973)
Never saw this one before. Good things someone over here started talking about it as it's a proper Clint Eastwood movie.
There's one scene very similar to one in My Name Is Nobody from the same year. Coincidink?

Smokey and the Bandit (1977)
I love this movie, you sumbitch.

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 11, 2019, 02:00:48 AM
Highlander. The Highlander episode of the Goldbergs was on, and I thus found out that my girlfriend had never seen Highlander. Obviously, I had to show her the awesomeness of it!

Where a Frenchman plays a Scotsman and a Scotsman plays a Spaniard  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Full Metal Jacket

"Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2019, 03:15:08 AM
Full Metal Jacket

"Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high."

"You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!"

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 11, 2019, 02:16:03 AM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
A timeless classic and one of my all time favorite comedies.
I remember already liking this when I was a kid. And as the years go by it's still great.

Still my favourite Python film. I remember seeing it when I was very young and they showed it at my brothers High School one night. This was a very conservative Catholic Private School and to say some parents were shocked at some scenes was an understatement.

Luckily they didn't show Life of Brian.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

C'est arrivé près de chez vous (Man Bites Dog) (1992)
One of the earlier and better found footage/fake documentary movies.
About a film crew following around a serial killer/thief.
Brutal and funny.

Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2019, 03:58:39 AM
Still my favourite Python film. I remember seeing it when I was very young and they showed it at my brothers High School one night. This was a very conservative Catholic Private School and to say some parents were shocked at some scenes was an understatement.

Luckily they didn't show Life of Brian.

Understandable. The movie's quite bloody at times. Certainly for a comedy in those days.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 11, 2019, 02:16:03 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Apr 11, 2019, 02:00:48 AM

Where a Frenchman plays a Scotsman and a Scotsman plays a Spaniard  ;D
Not quite! Sean Connery plays an Egyptian, not that you could tell from his accent!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2019, 12:20:56 AMFinished watching the 2nd half of The Dark Knight with my wife. First time I've properly watched it in years.

Coincidentally I rewatched The Dark Knight Rises for the first time in a long time last night.

I remember when I saw The Dark Knight in the cinema on opening night, it was absolutely incredible. The way it just built and built and built as it went along, I was breathless by the end of it.

Now though I don't think it's quite the masterpiece it's often made out to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a very, very good movie, but it does have its flaws and honestly I don't think it holds up to repeat viewings the way the Burton films or even Nolan's first one do.

Conversely I enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises more than I remembered. Tom Hardy was superb as Bane, and Hathaway made a great Catwoman.

But yeah, Bale's Bat-Voice is basically what kills his chances of being my favourite Batman. I know it gets harped on a lot, but in this case there's a reason for that.

Another thing that bugs me about Nolan's films is how Gotham completely changes in appearance with each movie.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 01:27:48 AMTwo Face really should have been saved for a different movie in my opinion.

Absolutely. In fact, in the lead up to release I remember it being reported that the film would set Two-Face up as the villain for the sequel, and I actually went into the movie still thinking that was the case, so I was kinda surprised when it killed him off.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 11, 2019, 02:16:03 AMWhere a Frenchman plays a Scotsman and a Scotsman plays a Spaniard  ;D

Dude, that's my line :P

The Old One

The Old One

Apart from the Narrows in Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan's Gotham is immensely boring. I believe CN nailed Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon, Fox, Ra's al Ghul, The Joker, Two-Face and Bane- Batman, Catwoman and Talia al Ghul? Not so much.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Hallow

A potentially creepy horror movie that revealed too much far too early

Prez

Prez

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 11, 2019, 08:56:40 AM
Apart from the Narrows in Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan's Gotham is immensely boring. I believe CN nailed Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon, Fox, Ra's al Ghul, The Joker, Two-Face and Bane- Batman, Catwoman and Talia al Ghul? Not so much.

Visually Burton's Gotham in the first two films was superb (and still the best).

There were elements of it as you said in the Narrows in Begins but then in TDK and TDKR it was just literally Chicago for the most part. Then TDKR was literally just Pittsburgh. Not exactly gothic inspiring but it (for me) did suit the whole grounded reality of Nolan's take on it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Maggie
A brilliant Drama starring Arnie and Abigail Breslin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed