Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,041 times)

Predwars24

Predwars24

I think I'm the only one that didn't think Lord of the Rings was all that great. They're good but I think they're also overrated like Star Wars was when Force Awakens was coming out. 

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 13, 2019, 05:04:06 PM
Maybe Jenny and I can do a rewatch once we're done with the last season of Game of Thrones, to hold us over until the new one starts.

Have you seen Benidorm, Gomorra, Suburra or Wentworth?
All good series with all several seasons. Should be enough to tie you over.

MudButt

MudButt

Just finished Triple Frontier on Netflix.

What a solid film. The cast is top notch and it's very entertaining. You really feel the characters have history and their relationship to each is apparent thanks to the great performances. The movie takes a few turns which I didn't see coming especially since I read the original script. It's not the huge action flick you'd expect but it's a solid action-thriller. It starts as an action-heist film and it becomes a survival movie.

Highly recommend watching this one. This is easily one of Netflix's best movies they've produced. I'm surprised how good it was based on the countless production problems it had.

8/10 for me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched Tombstone last night. I've never seen it and finally decided to pick-up it up after someone (Bunny?) was posting GIFs of Biehn in it. I can't say western stuff is particularly of interest to me but I just so loved the cast of the film! Everyone was just brilliant in this and there were so many "oh, he's in it too?!"

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2019, 08:19:13 AM
I watched Tombstone last night. I've never seen it and finally decided to pick-up it up after someone (Bunny?) was posting GIFs of Biehn in it. I can't say western stuff is particularly of interest to me but I just so loved the cast of the film! Everyone was just brilliant in this and there were so many "oh, he's in it too?!"

Val Kilmer's best role ever

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2019, 08:19:13 AMI can't say western stuff is particularly of interest to me but I just so loved the cast of the film! Everyone was just brilliant in this and there were so many "oh, he's in it too?!"

Likewise, I'm not generally a fan of westerns but I bloody love that film. The cast is a virtual who's-who of my favourite b-list actors.

Also Kurt Russell sports what might be the greatest moustache ever to grace a movie.

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 14, 2019, 08:20:43 AMVal Kilmer's best role ever

"I'm your huckleberry."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think my favourite line of his is when his girl tells him he's had enough and should lay off the liquor, and he responds, "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself..." :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Voodoo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 14, 2019, 11:17:29 AM

Voodoo.

Hicks, you fell under the spell of...

I'm not a big Western fan either brother but I agree the performances are brilliant, especially Val Kilmer opposite Michael Biehn.

You watch it the first time, you like it. You watch it the second time, you love it.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I'm going to Barnes and Noble this weekend for my birthday. Hopefully, I'll get my hands on the disc.

Emphasis on hopefully.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Wabbit, don't forget to pick up Hicks, Hudson and Bishop in...

TheSailingRabbit

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2019, 09:13:53 AM
I think my favourite line of his is when his girl tells him he's had enough and should lay off the liquor, and he responds, "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself..." :laugh:

'Oh I'm sorry Jonny I forgot you were there... You may go now.'

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 14, 2019, 05:54:31 PM'Oh I'm sorry Jonny I forgot you were there... You may go now.'

Took me so long to realise that was Billy Bob Thornton.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed