Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,134 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wyatt for the EFNY remake. ;)

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 12, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Wyatt for the EFNY remake. ;)

If they go ahead with the prequel that they were dancing around the idea of they should totally cast Wyatt as the younger Snake.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 12, 2018, 12:37:03 PM
Jeepers Creepers 3
Sure that a great film, but did well for the budget it had. It did have some good sequences mind. Someone just needs to take the franchise from him now

I couldn't believe how bad it was the first time I watched it, but now I can't help but like it. It's so bad, it's good. It's the ultimate cheese-fest. As for taking the franchise away, as much as I hate to say it, I'd rather Silva stayed in charge. He knows the creeper, he is a creeper, and it just wouldn't feel the same without him. Give him a bigger budget and let him do cathedral or something.

CityhunterinPhilly

CityhunterinPhilly

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 12, 2018, 12:37:03 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody
Wow, this was a great film. Rami Malek had Freddie down. It was eerie. Sure there were historical inaccuracies but when you consider what they had to condense to fit the 2 hour runtime
it didnt matter.

Overlord
A fantastic Horror/War movie. I do agree with the above that a bit more Horror would have been great, but otherwise this had that balance down and Wyatt Russell really came across as his dad in the Third Act.

Jeepers Creepers 3
Sure that a great film, but did well for the budget it had. It did have some good sequences mind. Someone just needs to take the franchise from him now

I agree it was an excellent movie. Malek gave an Oscar worthy performance.

Huggs

Huggs

National Geographic: The last voyage of The Lusitania

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Wake In Fright (1971)
"A teacher in the outback of Australia leaves for the holidays but gets stuck in some outback town and starts to loose himself."
It's a tiny bit Lovecraftian as it's about a singular character ending up in a strange place and going (almost) completely mad.
Lot's of drinking almost the entire movie. And people getting offended when you refuse one. So it's easier to view this movie with a couple of cold ones, get a little in the mood of crazy drunk behaviour and enjoy a short stay in the 'yabba.

For those who've seen Overlord, how does it compare to Frankenstein's Army?

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 13, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
National Geographic: The last voyage of The Lusitania

Sorry to be picky but doesn't that count as a tv show?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 13, 2018, 05:18:58 AM
Wake In Fright (1971)
"A teacher in the outback of Australia leaves for the holidays but gets stuck in some outback town and starts to loose himself."
It's a tiny bit Lovecraftian as it's about a singular character ending up in a strange place and going (almost) completely mad.
Lot's of drinking almost the entire movie. And people getting offended when you refuse one. So it's easier to view this movie with a couple of cold ones, get a little in the mood of crazy drunk behaviour and enjoy a short stay in the 'yabba.

Crikey. Struth. Strike me pink mate. 'Ken oath.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 13, 2018, 05:18:58 AM
Sorry to be picky but doesn't that count as a tv show?

That's what I thought at first. But since it was not part of any season I wasn't sure. Back in the day, I had it on VHS and always considered it's style and runtime to be enough to stand alone.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 13, 2018, 05:18:58 AMFor those who've seen Overlord, how does it compare to Frankenstein's Army?

I was wondering this too, because Frankenstein's Army has been on watchlist for a while.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, Overlord has the advantage in that you don't have to buy a ragtag Russian squad being able to film everything in color and sound. Frankenstein's Army does go a lot crazier with the Nazi super science, though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The found-footage aspect is mostly what's put me off Frankie's Army, because I generally dislike the style. But on the other hand... Nazi super science.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 13, 2018, 04:29:20 PM
The found-footage aspect is mostly what's put me off Frankie's Army, because I generally dislike the style. But on the other hand... Nazi super science.

Trust me, the nazi monsters alone make it worth viewing.

Here's the trailer for the unmade Worst Case Scenario. Which got cancelled and became Frankenstein's Army.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Netflix's Outlaw King.

Iam a sucker for historical movies, especially if they are set in the Middle Ages. Watched it with no expectations and really loved the movie.
Not sure how historically accurate it actually is, if that is something you care about,  but it's more accurate than Braveheart at least  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hellboy (2004) - Director's Cut

"Oh, crap."

Huggs

Huggs

The Incredibles 2 - Bluray

Not as good as the first. 1/5

Almost finished with the Meg - Bluray

Horrifyingly bad, in every single way. The pandering and terrible writing just killed this movie. So many clichés. Wilson and Statham don't fit, and Kennedy is trying his best to channel LL Cool J in deep blue sea. What a wasted opportunity. 0/5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed