Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,911 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - cgi overload  :P

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Watched "Alien: Covenant" for the 2nd time today (saw it on opening day on the 12th) and yeah, I still like it and I still place it 3rd in the series, despite it's flaws it's still a great movie. Not being perfect =/= trash.

windebieste

windebieste

Monsters - Dark Continent.

Basically, 'The Hurt Locker' with enormous giant squids roaming around in the background, flapping their tentacles about.  Enjoyed it.  6/10.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

How does that compare to the first? I heard mixed things but I loved the original.

windebieste

windebieste

Aw, yeah. The original is great.  I loved it.  It reminded me of an updated version of Tarkovsky's 'Stalker' when I saw it.   The 2nd one has the material but it seems to be at odds with itself about the story it wants to tell.  Is it a war movie..?  Is it a monster movie..?

Whereas the first movie had these wonderful overtones and metaphor of the danger of introduced (alien) species being dangerous to the environment it's hard to come at that line of interest when the environment is a bombed out f**khole of Middle East war zone.

I enjoyed the 2nd movie, but the setting was an odd choice.  I still don't fully understand why the giant Monsters roaming the open desert weren't just continually being targeted and obliterated by gunships.   I guess there's a level of politics in there somewhere I missed.

It's no wonder Edwards went on to work on 'Godzilla' and 'Star Wars', though.  His first movie was great. 

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The carnage continues...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UkYAr_wyaZU

Quote"Put ALIENS and JURASSIC PARK in a blender and C2 is what you get."
- Scott Orlin, Cinema Magazine

The quote above/10

Scorpio

Scorpio

Wonder Woman (2017)
Their Finest
POTC:  Dead Men Tell No Tales
Baywatch (2017)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 02, 2017, 01:18:00 AMThe carnage continues...

Carnage. I see what you did there.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Windmill Massacre
I really enjoyed this film, but then the end just deflated the whole thing. Pointless sequel bait

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 02, 2017, 07:54:34 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 02, 2017, 01:18:00 AMThe carnage continues...

Carnage. I see what you did there.
Glad someone got it ;)

Prez

Prez

Outland.

Brilliant set designs (clearly influenced by Alien which was released a couple of years earlier), great Jerry Goldsmith score, Sean Connery ... a great High Noon in space.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

It Follows (2014)    8/10

What a fantastic original horror, it doesn't rely on cheap jump scares. It also has one of the best soundtracks I've heard for a horror. Maybe the last 30 minutes could have been better but for the first hour I was totally gripped. For now on I'll probably be comparing all horror films to It Follows, it sets the bar high.   

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander: The Search for Vengeance

Basically the only good film in the series outside of the original... and it's an alternate continuity anime spinoff. My only huge gripe is that the Druid ghost character is pretty annoying. He spends a good amount of the film bitching about Colin pursuing his vengeance, and it gets pretty tiresome. The film makes up for it by featuring a decapitation by f**king hand grenade. 8)

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

The last movie i watched is Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. Vader was always cool when i watched this movie.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Jun 04, 2017, 02:57:55 AM
The last movie i watched is Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. Vader was always cool when i watched this movie.

Introduced my 6 year old Daughter to this classic just the other night. She loved it and she already knew who Luke's dad was ;-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed