Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,779 times)

DemonicD13

Hot Damn, I love his movies. I couldn't think of a better choics for directors.   ;D

marrerom

marrerom

Holy shit....I've been waiting so long.

http://imgur.com/r/ronpaulshops/vwMin

Gash

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Feb 19, 2015, 03:06:08 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 03:01:40 AM
Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Feb 19, 2015, 02:56:01 AM
Gonna get lynched for this, but I don't care: If retconing A3 and A4 isn't an option for whatever reason(s) I'm totally okay with them rebooting the series at this point.

What, with old lady Ripley? Can't really be a reboot then can it?

No, I mean reboot it completely, with all new characters and everything.

Well indeed that is the best way to go, not by retelling the original stories, but by putting new characters in a new story. But the concept art, which is all we have to go on, is creating all sorts of problematic timeline issues. At this stage it looks like Ripley 8 is the character, complete with biomechanic costume. And as Weaver has now expressed an interest it may be that FOX are also pushing for her inclusion. Which makes it very difficult to be it's own thing.

Meanwhile, I admire Prometheus for taking the familiar and playing around with it; expanding the mythology, so I'm still more invested in that sequel than I am Alien5, which can only work if it loses the baggage it appears to be currently saddled with. Alien3 had the balls to kill off Hicks and that irritating kid, I don't ever want to see them back.

marrerom

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 19, 2015, 03:09:48 AM
This is great news, i'm kind of on the fence about bloomkamp as a director. District 9 was a decent film, but Elysium looked great and most of the acting was fine. The script though was below average. I'm cautiously optimistic about this film

I agree with you word for word.  This series has always has visionaries for directors and Blomkamp certainly fits in.  Its too early to tell but I'm just praying that this all works out because now it has real potential.

Magegg

Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 03:23:10 AMAlien3 had the balls to kill off Hicks and that irritating kid, I don't ever want to see them back.
Most of the audience despised Alien 3.

Immortan Jonesy

Only spend money on fitness and Newt could kick asses again

marrerom

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 03:24:52 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 03:23:10 AMAlien3 had the balls to kill off Hicks and that irritating kid, I don't ever want to see them back.

If all they saw was the theatrical release I dont blame them.  The assembly cut is a different film entirely.

Gash

Why?

Mr. Clemens

Magegg

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2015, 03:28:48 AM

If all they saw was the theatrical release I dont blame them.  The assembly cut is a different film entirely.
They despised the fact Hicks and Newt were killed. Is the assembly cut different?

They were killed because of some contracts disagreement, the idea had always been Hicks and Newt to stay alive, so who the cares about Alien 3, give me now the true Aliens 2 and Aliens 3, that's what I want  8)

Gash

Perhaps you could just make your own film with Neca figures, and it would serve the same purpose.

Magegg

Perhaps you could just rewatch once and again Alien 3 if you think that should be the end of Ripley's story, that would serve the same purpose  ::)

RakaiThwei

Read the front page..

It says that it's taking place after the Prometheus films... Either it's being filmed after Prometheus 2 which explains the wording, or it's chronologically taking place after Prometheus 2 in-universe.

The wording is a little confusing to me.

bioweapon

This scalate quick.

Congrats to Neill. The alien art remembers me of the Aliens: Colonial Marines comic. He´s the right choice for the tech side of this univers. I hope he finds the most important side, the Giger one.

Gridseeker

OMG NOW I CAN DIE HAPPILY!  :) District 9 and Elysium rock and now he would direct the fifth installment. Seriously, Neil is the next James Cameron and Ridley Scott (when they ruled of course, but still I love Prometheus and also I´m eager to see the sequel).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed