News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 566,354 times)

Corporal Hicks

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/alien-covenant-emoji-movie-social-media-1201949064/

QuoteRidley Scott's sci-fi thriller "Alien: Covenant" topped social media buzz last week with an impressive 63,000 new conversations, according to media-measurement firm comScore and its PreAct service.

Fox released its first trailer for "Alien: Covenant" late on Christmas Eve, replete with monsters bursting into scenes. It's the sixth "Alien" film for Scott, who is directing from a script by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, and John Logan with the colony ship Covenant as it heads toward a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 28, 2016, 03:15:41 PM
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/alien-covenant-emoji-movie-social-media-1201949064/

QuoteRidley Scott's sci-fi thriller "Alien: Covenant" topped social media buzz last week with an impressive 63,000 new conversations, according to media-measurement firm comScore and its PreAct service.

Fox released its first trailer for "Alien: Covenant" late on Christmas Eve, replete with monsters bursting into scenes. It's the sixth "Alien" film for Scott, who is directing from a script by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, and John Logan with the colony ship Covenant as it heads toward a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy.

The reaction to the trailer has been nothing short of phenomenal. I bet Fox are laughing. Inside 4 days Alien: Covenant has almost achieved as many views as the trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes has in over 2 weeks. As well as more likes.

It's had its fair share of backlash but even most of that is born out of passion for the franchise not disdain. 

Stolen

12M of views on Facebook.
+13M on YouTube.

Great start for sure!
If the film is well received by the press, it will be a big commercial success!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

How do these figures compare to that of Prometheus after it's first teaser trailer?

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 28, 2016, 11:04:06 AM
Old news, I'm afraid. Also I hate those Funko things.

Hey! I've got funko Cthulhu and it's cool ;D

DorkiDori

fox is already making money just off the YT views of the trailer... just saying

Stolen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
How do these figures compare to that of Prometheus after it's first teaser trailer?

It's much better. However, it was not the same period. Youtube was much less popular in 2011-2012. The teaser had done in 8-9millions of views in a few weeks. Then it progressed more slowly (18M now). The trailer had made 6 millions in a few days.

The stats of Covenant are very good (25M in 4 days), but not exceptional either.
In 20 days, Spiderman has made more than 70M views (YT + Facebook). Same for Guardians.
According to Deadline, Transformers exceeded 100M views.

DorkiDori

Ingwar

... and Blade Runner ;) Coincidence?

Pvt. Himmel

anduu

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 28, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

... and Blade Runner ;) Coincidence?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Blade_Runner_eye.png

Coincidence that this kind of shot has been used in many movies over the years?

You are probably correct...

Fire Marshall Bill

Looked on IMDb for their reactions or feelings towards the trailer....let's just say it's hard to find anything better good on there. I ask to myself, what do these people want from an alien film? The answer is everyone wants different things. Which means you can't satisfy everyone. I get the trailer wasn't perfect but in all honesty, I liked it a lot and I cannot understand the anger from a lot of these people. The folks who hated Prometheus find something wrong with it. The people who wanted to continue with Prometheus themes and distance itself away from alien are upset as well. The majority everywhere else I go seems to have loved the trailer. So is it just that website, or what is it? I'm curious to what people think these people really wanted from this movie and why the 2 minutes plus they saw of a trailer makes them hate the movie already. I honestly think it looks way better than any alien film other than the first two.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed