Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,796 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"I'm good, a little tired from f**king your mother."

Fight Club

Pour one out for Meat Loaf.

Prez

Prez

Introduced our kids to Jurassic Park last weekend.
So we've watched all of them over the past week - now set to watch Fallen Kingdom.

First one is still the best.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Prez on Feb 20, 2022, 03:32:21 AM
Introduced our kids to Jurassic Park last weekend.
So we've watched all of them over the past week - now set to watch Fallen Kingdom.

First one is still the best.

Absolutely. I think the 3rd one was the worst, nothing about it was redeemable.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 19, 2022, 09:23:51 PMWahlberg isn't good but Banderas is just wasted.

I've nothing against Whalberg, but as a lover of the games he's so far removed from Sully they might as well have cast Danny DeVito.

Sad to hear about Banderas too, as I'm a big fan.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have plenty against him:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mark-wahlberg-racist-hate-crimes-wikipedia-history-george-floyd-blm-protests-a9554191.html

And yes, he apologized for parts of this, but never actually made any reparations.

And him on 9/11:
If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'

Also the dude's a charisma vaccum.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Meh. If I didn't watch films because they starred someone who was a c**t off camera, I probably wouldn't be watching many films. Mel Gibson would be off limits for starters, and he's been in some of my favourite movies of all time.

As far as I'm concerned, it's about the art, not the artist.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You said you had nothing against him though as for "his art" I outlined that he's a charisma vaccum in my opinion.

Reasons in real life and in his craft that I hope to rarely see him around. I said what I think not what you ought to. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

OK.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 21, 2022, 10:23:00 AM
I have plenty against him:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mark-wahlberg-racist-hate-crimes-wikipedia-history-george-floyd-blm-protests-a9554191.html

And yes, he apologized for parts of this, but never actually made any reparations.

And him on 9/11:
If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'

Also the dude's a charisma vaccum.

So ... you agree that he has very punchable face ?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

That whole ending is just 8)

The King (2019)

Pattinson slipping and falling like six times. :laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

A Fistful of Dollars

8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2022, 12:03:51 AMThe Last of the Mohicans (1992)

It's amazing how riveting that final 10 minutes is given that there's basically no dialogue whatsoever (not counting the closing monologue). Also seeing the old dude absolutely school Wes Studi is satisfying as all hell.

One of my all-time favourites. Can never decide between that, Thief or Manhunter as my favourite Michael Mann film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Entrapment

Not great, but better than expected from a movie that was sold entirely on an ass shot. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2022, 09:39:19 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2022, 12:03:51 AMThe Last of the Mohicans (1992)

It's amazing how riveting that final 10 minutes is given that there's basically no dialogue whatsoever (not counting the closing monologue). Also seeing the old dude absolutely school Wes Studi is satisfying as all hell.

One of my all-time favourites. Can never decide between that, Thief or Manhunter as my favourite Michael Mann film.

Yeah. Chingachgook doesn't do a whole lot of the action stuff for most of the movie, only to just utterly wreck Magua in the ending. It's glorious.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Venom let there be carnage (2.5/5)

The movie felt pretty pointless to be honest but I like Hardy's character, maybe should've focused more on that....

Candyman 2021 (3/5)

Visually a good movie with some great atmosphere. They focused more on story than the urban legend of candyman so I wouldn't expect much if that's what your going for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed