Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,258 times)

P-Rock

P-Rock

The Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
A convoluted mess of a movie and a gigantic waste of all the talent involved. I appreciate that Boorman tried to do something different and not recycle the story of the first movie, but instead he created something so damn weird and incomprehensible that it's hard to not laugh at all the silliness that's happening on screen. At least it has a great soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. 4/10

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Last Samurai

I love this movie more with every viewing.  I think it's in my top three now

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jun 22, 2019, 08:28:18 PM
The Last Samurai

:laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bon Cop, Bad Cop

"Merde de Tabarnak!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jun 22, 2019, 08:28:18 PMThe Last Samurai

I've always loved that one too. Watanabe is absolutely superb in it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 23, 2019, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jun 22, 2019, 08:28:18 PMThe Last Samurai

I've always loved that one too. Watanabe is absolutely superb in it.

Indeed. This is good conversation.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: P-Rock on Jun 22, 2019, 03:59:13 PM
A convoluted mess of a movie and a gigantic waste of all the talent involved. I appreciate that Boorman tried to do something different and not recycle the story of the first movie, but instead he created something so damn weird and incomprehensible that it's hard to not laugh at all the silliness that's happening on screen. At least it has a great soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. 4/10

You watched this? You are a brave lad.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 23, 2019, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: P-Rock on Jun 22, 2019, 03:59:13 PM

You watched this? You are a brave lad.

Thanks.;) I've been watching them all, but this sure was a chore to sit through. The blu-ray from the Complete Anthology box set also looked like an upscaled dvd, so that didn't make things better too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I recommend seeking out the Shout Factory release of Exorcist III if you haven't already. The (admittedly rough looking) reconstructed Legion Cut is a fascinating watch. Hell, it's worth watching just for the Eraserhead joke that was dropped from the theatrical version. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Hardcore Henry (4/5)

Russ

Russ

Deep Rising. It's actually more awesome than I remembered.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Jun 24, 2019, 07:39:48 AMDeep Rising. It's actually more awesome than I remembered.

YES.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Jun 24, 2019, 07:39:48 AM
Deep Rising. It's actually more awesome than I remembered.

Like a nice Keg of Beer

For A Few Dollars More (1965)
A fantastic film. Still holds up so well

Blades of Glory
I love this film, laugh every time

Toy Story 4
A Fantastic epilogue to the Toy Story franchise. Cant believe it had been 9 years since the 3rd one

Brightburn
A great Horror, although while it didnt take full advantage of its story, it went in some great directions

Huggs

Huggs

Sand Andreas (1/5)

P-Rock

P-Rock

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2018)
I really enjoyed this movie. Some might even say it's a return to form for Gilliam. It took a while to get to the point and the final part is a bit messy, buit other than that it's a very funny, sad and fantastical movie with its heart in the right place. Jonathan Pryce is brilliant as Don Quixote, Adam Driver very good as the cocky Toby/Sancho Panza and Joana Ribeiro looks like a young Rachel Weisz. It took Gilliam several attempts over the years to succesfully finish Quixote, but the result gets two thumbs up from me. 8/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed