Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,554 times)

Huggs

Huggs

LOTR: the two towers - extended bluray

Good to see the movies again. For some reason they're not as good as I remember them though.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 16, 2019, 05:44:20 AM
Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
One of the better high school movies.
Starring Jennifer Jason Leigh, Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, Phoebe Cates,...

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2019, 05:09:15 AM
Got a wild hair and watched Krampus.

Do you like it?
I find it overrated. Best Krampus movie (that's not really a Krampus movie) is Rare Exports.

Yeah, I dig it. This was the 4th or so time I've seen it. It's a decent movie, but not something I'd watch alot.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Last American Virgin (1982)
Little like American Pie but more serious and a tad sad.

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2019, 07:29:27 AM
Yeah, I dig it. This was the 4th or so time I've seen it. It's a decent movie, but not something I'd watch alot.

Saw it once around its release and didn't like it.
Tried it again around Christmas time last year. Thought "Maybe now that I know what to expect, I'll like it more" But I didn't.

Have you seen Rare Exports? It's about some evil Christmas thingy, that could've been Krampus.
I think up till now this movie handled the subject best. Even when it's only in some short flashback bit, if I remember correctly.

I'd still love an imo proper Krampus movie. Something more typical to the old legend and a little similar to the movie Sint/Saint.
Just Krampus abducting kids and some group of people chasing him trying to save their kids.

Prez

Prez

Captain Marvel

Some good bits
Some glaring plot holes
Great Samuel L Jackson + cat
Some flat performances (Brie Larson in particular)
Enjoyable yet disappointing - just felt less epic that it should've been.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Galaxy Quest

Still the best Star Trek movie since Wrath of Khan

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 16, 2019, 02:59:33 PM
Galaxy Quest

I actually love all three Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home... which really plays as trilogy if you think about it.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2019, 03:24:39 PM
Galaxy Quest

I actually love all three Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home... which really plays as trilogy if you think about it.

It's been a while since I watched Search for Spock or Voyage Home, now I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 16, 2019, 03:34:09 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2019, 03:24:39 PM
Galaxy Quest

It's been a while since I watched Search for Spock or Voyage Home, now I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night

Awesome. :) You'll see what I mean about the trilogy. All the other Star Trek films were self-contained but those had a three film arc.

First Blood

First Blood

Avengers Infinity War (2018)

My body is ready for Endgame.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct thread!

Alien Paradise Lost, Edition
C̶o̶v̶e̶n̶a̶n̶t̶  Evanus

Excellent Edit.

Huggs

Huggs

Valkyrie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Three Stooges

I'm in the last quarter or so of Shemp's tenure, when most of the shorts consisted of stock footage. It's a mixed bag, some still manage to work pretty well, others not so much. And this is still before the four Fake Shemp shorts.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 17, 2019, 04:53:15 AM
The Three Stooges

I'm in the last quarter or so of Shemp's tenure, when most of the shorts consisted of stock footage. It's a mixed bag, some still manage to work pretty well, others not so much. And this is still before the four Fake Shemp shorts.

I wish that movie got made with Jim Carrey, Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro. Should've been sweet.

Prez

Prez

Galaxy Quest

By Grabthar's Hammer!!!

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Prez on Mar 17, 2019, 10:48:12 AM
Galaxy Quest

By Grabthar's Hammer!!!

...'What a savings'

Superman : Unbound

Not bad, but definitely one of DC's weaker animated movies.  They didn't develop Brainiac enough and he didn't feel as menacing as he should be

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Fighting with my Family
An enjoyable film, telling some of the story of Paige's journey in WWE. Its a very Hollywoodised take on the story which is surprising from Stephen Merchant and a lot of the truth is changed (being a wrestling fan i know), but its still a fun film. Frost and Headley are a hoot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed