Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,594 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I normally hate found footage movies, but Cloverfield is a rare exception.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Orphan

Spoiler

Makes me want to go out and buy a pet dwarf estonian. I wonder if you can get the russian accent without the murderous temperament
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rare Exports

Interesting, but could have used a more satisfying payoff.

Huggs

Huggs

Venom - Bluray

Loved it. Watched it twice.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Deathgasm (2015)
Excellent heavy metal horror comedy.
Second viewing since its release. The wow effect is gone but the movie is still great.
Highly recommend it to anyone who can appreciate heavy metal and/or funny, bloody horror.

Serial Mom (1994)
Underrated dark comedy.
Bit sad to see how Kathleen Turner looked compared to now. Especially if you look at the guy who plays her husband. He look basically the same now just older.

The Levenger Tapes (2013)
Crap found footage. Don't waste your time on this one.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 28, 2018, 10:38:23 PM
I normally hate found footage movies, but Cloverfield is a rare exception.

What about these?
Trolljegeren (aka Trollhunter), C'est arrivé près de chez vous (aka Man Bites Dog), Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Europa Report, Chronicle, Frankenstein's Army, Devil's Pass aka The Dyatlov Pass Incident, The Tunnel, Rec, Rec 2, Rec 3, The Atticus Institute, Afflicted, Chronicle, Exists, They're Watching, Hardcore Henry The Bay, What We Do In The Shadows,...

Huggs

Huggs

I love TrollHunter

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 04:04:21 AM
I love TrollHunter

The Autopsy of Jane Doe is from the same director. Not as good but decent movie imo.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 30, 2018, 04:20:51 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 04:04:21 AM
I love TrollHunter

The Autopsy of Jane Doe is from the same director. Not as good but decent movie imo.

Been meaning to pick that one up and give it a go.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Bird box. Check yo brain at the door!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 30, 2018, 04:00:44 AMWhat about these?
Trolljegeren (aka Trollhunter), C'est arrivé près de chez vous (aka Man Bites Dog), Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Europa Report, Chronicle, Frankenstein's Army, Devil's Pass aka The Dyatlov Pass Incident, The Tunnel, Rec, Rec 2, Rec 3, The Atticus Institute, Afflicted, Chronicle, Exists, They're Watching, Hardcore Henry The Bay, What We Do In The Shadows,...

Trollhunter was OK, but as is usually the case I hated the found footage style. I definitely would've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more if it had just been a regularly-shot film. Same goes for Chronicle. Europa Report I only watched for Sharlto Copley. Found it so forgettable I can't remember a thing that happened, and it was only a few months ago that I watched it.

Otherwise the only one of those I've seen is Hardcore Henry, which I loved, but I'd debate whether it technically constitutes found footage.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 30, 2018, 05:01:50 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 30, 2018, 04:00:44 AMWhat about these?

Trollhunter was OK, but as is usually the case I hated the found footage style. I definitely would've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more if it had just been a regularly-shot film. Same goes for Chronicle. Europa Report I only watched for Sharlto Copley. Found it so forgettable I can't remember a thing that happened, and it was only a few months ago that I watched it.

Otherwise the only one of those I've seen is Hardcore Henry, which I loved, but I'd debate whether it technically constitutes found footage.

I'd think if you can put aside your hate for found footage like you did with Cloverfield, you might be able to enjoy some of the movies I listed.

Yeah, Hardcore Henry is technically a first person movie. And some of the others are fake documentaries like Europa Report.

To me it just depends on the subject matter and writing.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 31, 2018, 03:48:24 AM

I'd think if you can put aside your hate for found footage like you did with Cloverfield, you might be able to enjoy some of the movies I listed.

Yeah, Hardcore Henry is technically a first person movie. And some of the others are fake documentaries like Europa Report.

To me it just depends on the subject matter and writing.

Found footage is easy to detest. It takes a great story to get me to watch one. That's why I love Cloverfield and Trollhunter. Hardcore Henry is more of an FPS thing. But I liked it a lot.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Pink Panther: A Shot In The Dark (1964)
The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)
The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)

Comedy classics!

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 31, 2018, 05:25:41 AMFound footage is easy to detest. It takes a great story to get me to watch one. That's why I love Cloverfield and Trollhunter. Hardcore Henry is more of an FPS thing. But I liked it a lot.

Like I said, for me it's about the subject matter.
Frankenstein's Army for example, doesn't have a great story but it's fun to watch, if only for the creatures.
C'est arrivé près de chez vous (aka Man Bites Dog) is about a tv crew following a thieving murderer (or is it murdering thief?).
Some call this movie shocking. Others funny. I'd go with entertaining.
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. A student crew is going to document an upcoming slasher icon.
This one's fun but probably more interesting if you like horror and/or slasher movies.
What We Do In The Shadows: mockumentary on vampires dealing with the struggles of modern times.
As brilliant as it's funny. I'd recommend this one to everyone.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 31, 2018, 06:05:21 AM

What We Do In The Shadows: mockumentary on vampires dealing with the struggles of modern times.
As brilliant as it's funny. I'd recommend this one to everyone.

I thought it was okay. I didn't love it as much as I felt I was supposed to.

Europa Report I only watched for Sharlto Copley. Found it so forgettable I can't remember a thing that happened, and it was only a few months ago that I watched it.

Now, I thought it was brilliant - I'd love to see it again, actually. I really really enjoyed that one.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Russ on Dec 31, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
Europa Report I only watched for Sharlto Copley. Found it so forgettable I can't remember a thing that happened, and it was only a few months ago that I watched it.

Now, I thought it was brilliant - I'd love to see it again, actually. I really really enjoyed that one.

Same. I like documentaries in general. And since most of this world is already discovered and other worlds are still out of reach, I can appreciate the fake ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed