Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,361 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ready Player One (2018)
Pretty good. Enjoyed this more than I think I would.

Super Troopers 2 (2018)
Not bad. Bit predictable and not always that original but still enjoyable.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 03, 2018, 01:44:16 AM
It wasn't until I watched this film again a few years that I realised it's Phil from Modern Family! Such a good cast actually.

For me it was the other way around. "Hey, that jerk from Dawn Of The Dead is playing a nice guy!"

Huggs

Huggs

Tom Horn.

Steve McQueen, doin' his thing.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in 3D

See Jurassic Park thread for details ;)

a solid 9/10 overall

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 04, 2018, 03:33:58 AM

It wasn't until I watched this film again a few years that I realised it's Phil from Modern Family! Such a good cast actually.

For me it was the other way around. "Hey, that jerk from Dawn Of The Dead is playing a nice guy!"

Hahahaha!

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 02, 2018, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Russ on Jul 02, 2018, 08:22:35 AM
Snyder's Dawn of the Dead.

It's still really good.

I love the ending they show during the end credits.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 02, 2018, 10:23:55 AM

It's still really good.

^ Great film. Brilliant remake. Introduced the fast zombie too!

The features are great too - I watched the director's cut and they have "Andy's story" - a mini-movie about the guy in the gun store and an extended view of the societal breakdown and the media and all that stuff. Also a producer / director commentary.

I must listen to that, but it's been busy times!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Jul 04, 2018, 08:34:05 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 02, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

It's still really good.

I love the ending they show during the end credits.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 02, 2018, 10:23:55 AM

It's still really good.

^ Great film. Brilliant remake. Introduced the fast zombie too!

The features are great too - I watched the director's cut and they have "Andy's story" - a mini-movie about the guy in the gun store and an extended view of the societal breakdown and the media and all that stuff. Also a producer / director commentary.

I must listen to that, but it's been busy times!

Yep. Got the Directors Cut DVD way back when it was released and Andy's story is great!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 03, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 03, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
TAG
or as I call it, What Hawkeye got up to during Infinity War lol Really funny

Renner broke both of his arms making Tag, so that movie was legitimately more dangerous than Thanos.

Yeah I read that. And after watching the film I think I know which bits he broke them during lol

Lake Placid 3
Wow they really ran out of ideas and also ignored the ending of the first one lol

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 04, 2018, 11:30:17 AM
Lake Placid 3
Wow they really ran out of ideas and also ignored the ending of the first one lol

To me only the first movie exists.
I read up on the sequels, it even goes as far as having a crossover...Anaconda vs Lake Placid.  :laugh:

SYFY, Aylum and any folks like them should really just stop making movies. period. You can't even call them B movies (even if they are) because even the old school B movies have been much more better at times.

And the actors, some of them have actually been in proper decent movies or otherwise once had a good career in something, why would they lower themselves to such quality, I imagine for money of course but reputations could be ruined, which in the acting world matters more than money.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Happy Birthday (2016)
Average comedy despite a decent production and cast.

Wolfcop (2014)
Only saw this once so I'm refreshing my memory before I'm gonna watch part 2.
Still holds up

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 04, 2018, 02:54:47 PM
SYFY, Aylum and any folks like them should really just stop making movies. period. You can't even call them B movies (even if they are) because even the old school B movies have been much more better at times.

It's supply and demand, I guess.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Last of the Mohicans (1992)

I'm only just now wondering who those two extra guys in the canoes are supposed to be. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Wolfcop 2: Another Wolfcop (2017)
Decent sequel. Same humour, crazier story, more blood, gore and boobs.

Big Legend (2018)
Weak bigfoot flick, "starring" Lance Henriksen for a couple of minutes before the credits roll.

Swinging Safari (2018)
Aussie comedy-drama about a 3 couples and their kids during a summer in the 1970's, starring Guy Pearce, Kylie Minogue,...
Not great but certainly not bad.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: Covenant. My sixth viewing. God help me, I'm trying to find something to like in it.

Still, I give it a 1/5. Everything up until David's arrival felt a lot more solid this time. But all the crap with david in his Flintstone palace, the entire lander fight, and the entire ending onboard Covenant was still awful.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 07, 2018, 03:34:26 AM
Alien: Covenant. My sixth viewing. God help me, I'm trying to find something to like in it.

Still, I give it a 1/5. Everything up until David's arrival felt a lot more solid this time. But all the crap with david in his Flintstone palace, the entire lander fight, and the entire ending onboard Covenant was still awful.

For me it's everything after the lander that's totally deadbeat, the pacing falls right off a cliff.

Everything with the Neomorphs and David in the dead city is the best part of the film to me,  in spite of flaws.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 07, 2018, 03:38:24 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 07, 2018, 03:34:26 AM

For me it's everything after the lander that's totally deadbeat, the pacing falls right off a cliff.

Everything with the Neomorphs and David in the dead city is the best part of the film to me,  in spite of flaws.

The neomorphs were a bit of a letdown for me. I admire their savageness, but I guess I'm just spoiled on the xenomorph. You look at that creature, and every part of it looks frightening and deadly. The neomorphs just look like big white sphincters to me.

As for the lander fight, it just feels too light for me. Perhaps it's the large open space and the daylight. It makes the creature seem less threatening.

The switch with David and walter was just so obvious in so many scenes after the lander fight, it just seemed like a pointless plot twist.

I'll say one thing in it's defense. It looked gorgeous. The production values were simply amazing. The sets, the drawings, the cinematography, it was just breathtaking. Ridley would be the only person I'd want coming within a mile of this franchise, if they could just bring on some better writers and keep him far away from the script. I think this is why the original film was so fantastic. His authority was limited, and he simply focused on making the movie. Under such circumstances, he exceeds many others in delivering a quality product.

The Old One

The Old One

I find myself in total agreement, but I'll say it again and again until I'm blue in the face; the Neomorphs with better CGI could've been incredible if they based them entirely on Carlos Huante's original design with various layers of transparency.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed