Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,468 times)

reamhold

reamhold

Justice League. I rate it 6/10.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Harpoon: Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre
Was okay. Plenty of surprises in this but goddamn almost all the characters are unlikeable. There are only two likeable characters in this but damn. Love the gore though

Mischief Night
An enjoyable take with a young blind girl being stalked in her home by a raincoat wearing psycho. Some great moments

Lay the Favorite
Not the type of film I thought it would be. Its like its trying to be 4 films at once. Joshua Jackson and Catherine Zeta Jones are the best things in it lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 3D
A really enjoyable SEQUEL (yes its a sequel not a reboot). That has enough touches of the original, but does its own thing. Really fun.

Chappie
Hmmm, its pretty much Short Circuit crossed with District 9. While the final battles were great. The film wasn't

River of Death
Lol who would have though Michael Dudikoff would star alongside Robert Vaughn and Donald Pleasance in a film about Nazi's in the Amazon lol

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Sleepless.

Okay movie, entertaining. Good actors excepts for T.I, he is horrible and should stick to rap.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

It (2017)
Pretty good but I don't think it's that great.

American Made (2017)
Cool true story movie about a guy working as a pilot both for Escobar and the CIA.
Bit similar to Blow.
Probably would've had more impact if it was released before the Narcos and El Chapo series.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Psycho III

Not bad, but the script could have used a little more work before they filmed it. That and I really didn't need the convoluted backstory retcon. But hey, what do you expect from the writer of Kull the Conqueror? :laugh:

Psycho IV: The Beginning

I liked it, it mostly worked as both sequel and prequel. Perkins is great as usual, Thomas is good, and Olivia Hussey pretty much walks away with the movie. And the ending is actually a pretty solid grand finale for the series. The directing is a tad amateurish, but it's Mick Garris, so you kind of expect that. And there's more retconning but it's handled better than it was in III.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Just rewatched The Visit.

I enjoyed it as much as the first time. Not a masterpiece but a very effective movie IMO, the old crazy couple cracks me up walking butt naked and shitting in diapers like that hahaha... But they manage to unsettle me too quite a bit honeslty. I like the sound work on this movie particularly, very good.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Total Recall (1990)

"What about the guy you lobotomized? Did he get a refund?"

Russ

Russ

"Who gives a shit what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

"Consider that a Divorce"

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

"- You've got a lot of nerves showing your face around here Hauser !
- Huh... Look who's talking !"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 15, 2017, 01:11:11 PM
"- You've got a lot of nerves showing your face around here Hauser !
- Huh... Look who's talking !"

"Jesus Christ, Hauser, they're minerals!" Yes, that was Dean Norris. :laugh:

The Phantom of the Opera (1989)

I had forgotten Bill Nighy was in this. "I can cure her- or kill her!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

The Last Jedi.

Don't think I've ever been so undecided where or what I feel on a film ever. Need to see it again.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Quote from: Prez on Dec 16, 2017, 12:08:23 PM
The Last Jedi.

Don't think I've ever been so undecided where or what I feel on a film ever. Need to see it again.

That was my instant thought after seeing it but the more it settles in my mind, the more I like it; some of it didn't work for me but overall I really liked it and they're are certainly some scenes that will become iconic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Minority Report

Cruise teaches his kid how to run. Heh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed