Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,632 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ritual

So good, amazing monster design.

Stitch

Stitch

Summit Fever

Surprisingly good mountain climbing film. One thing I learned while watching is that apparently all mountain climbers are assholes.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 05, 2023, 06:46:42 AMThe Ritual

So good, amazing monster design.

Yeah this was a surprise for me, I didn't have high hopes going in.

But the second half really does pay off on the build up of the first half.

First Blood

First Blood

Goldfinger (1964)

M3GAN (2022)

M3GAN was great. It's like Child's Play but completely self aware of the kind of movie it is. And surprisingly has some heart to it. Dancing murder bots with machetes makes for a fun weekend afternoon.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Scre4m

Scream's never been my slasher series of choice (always been more of a Leatherface and Michael Myers guy). I've only ever seen the first one, but always appreciated how great and original it is. Decided that I wanted to go see the new one that's coming out, so I figured I'd better finally check out the sequels.

Surprisingly been really enjoying them! Just solid slasher who-done-its with meta commentary on the horror and film industry. Don't think any of them are below a 8 out of 10 for me so far!

Just have the 5th one to watch before the new one

(RIP Wes Craven btw)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Cocaine Bear
So random and so much fun

Severance

Creed III
Really enjoyed this. also noticed there are elements of Rocky's V and VI weaved into the story

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

King Arthur (2004)

The second best King Arthur movie outside of Excalibur.

Solid cast who do very well with an occasionally cheesy script

Nice to see Stannis Baratheon on the winning side for once

Hans Zimmer's score is one of his best

First Blood

First Blood

The Batman (2022)

Second time watching this since the theater. In the dark and comfort of my home no less! I love this movie. Everything about it just clicks for me. Matt Reeves takes his time to set up each shot, and each shot looks beautiful. His Gotham is a rainy, trash laden dystopia. And I dig it. Nolan's movies, with the exception of Batman Begins just don't do it for me. But to each their own. Does Bruce really need to live in a giant gothic tower overlooking Gotham in Matt Reeves' film? No, he doesn't but again, I dig it. And I could watch those close up shots of Batman's boots walking through the rain all day. Hopefully Matt Reeves can continue to deliver with The Batman - Part II.

NOTES & OBSERVATIONS
(GOTHAM PROJECT)
Year 2 October

*closes notebook*

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

GoldenEye

Easily Brosnan's best Bond, even if I think a few of the supporting characters are a little too goofy.

Kradan

Kradan

Prince of Egypt

Goddamn

I send the swarm, I send the horde
Thus saith the Lord

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Scream VI

The Ghostface reveal wasn't the best in the series, and Gale felt tacked on, but this was a really fun time.

Prez

Prez

Luther: The Fallen Sun Nice movie length outing for Idris' unorthodox DCI.

Stitch

Stitch

Mimic 2 and Mimic 3 Sentinel

Both are total direct to video movies, although the first sequel does look higher quality, and almost becomes a good film.

The final on the series not so much, although it does have an interesting concept (which is a good excuse to mainly shoot in one single location for the whole film).

First Blood

First Blood

The Lair (2022)

This may look like a clever attempt for Neil Marshall to get back to his Dog Soldier days, but make no mistake, this is dog shit. Pun intended.

Rambo (2008)

Possession (1981)

Sam Neill is completely unhinged in this, and it's awesome. 

Mulholland Drive (2001)

Amateur (1994)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last Boy Scout

"I'm f**kface, he's asshole."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed