Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,643 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Personally I was hoping for something more like this.

The Engineer city in Covenant looks like the Vatican, stone with no bio-mechanical elements at all. I have to wonder if this is the same faction as the pressure-suit engineers that had seemingly altered themselves. There were those images of that Alien-looking hallway though so I guess we'll see.

Iamwarface

Ok, how the hell does an android grow his hair long?????????? He's a synthetic. Wtf?

Whos_Nick

The hallway is from the Juggernaut

cliffhanger

Quote from: Iamwarface on Apr 16, 2017, 07:01:30 AM
Ok, how the hell does an android grow his hair long?????????? He's a synthetic. Wtf?

just like he has skin that heals. because it's 'programmed' to do so.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Iamwarface on Apr 16, 2017, 07:01:30 AM

An android would be made to artificially mimic organic human life down to small details, thus hair growth wouldn't be out of the question.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2017, 09:26:49 PM

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 15, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
Given its size and relative affinity to the derelict on LV-426 (it isn't round and longer like the original design) if this humongous ship is the derelict in Alien?! It would make sense given the cavernous dimensions of the interior of the ship when Kane travels down the egg chamber. What if, during the bombing raid on Paradise, this ship takes off? Idk, pure conjecture.

It's very far from the original derelict design wise. And the Alien derelict is supposedly smaller than the Prometheus juggernaut.

If you remember the description of the CinemaCon footage by io9, it went :
QuoteThe footage started with an arc-like ship flying in the air. Think of it like an upside-down U, with the opening at the bottom. It then links with the iconic ship we recognize from LV-426 and other Alien films—the craft is a similar shape, but is flying in a different configuration.They link with their open ends, kind of like a puzzle, and we realize this is all happening above a civilization of creatures. They aren't humans. Nor are they engineers. They seem to be something in between. It's then that we see David—the android we first met in Prometheus, played by Michael Fassbender—on the ship, where he unleashes hundreds of black canisters.

Add to that the quote from the production designer in the Empire piece :
QuoteThe Engineers discovered a method of travel, something magnetic

So to me it looks like that giant Juggernaut might be some sort of magnetic anchor for the ships, it's their way of landing. It attracts the smaller juggernauts like a giant horseshoe magnet would attract a paper clip.

SpeedyMaxx

Exactly. That thing is not a typical juggernaut, it's some sort of hangar or anchor. The juggernaut from Prometheus is the same make and model as the derelict from Alien. We can all gnatf**k over concept art from 1978 if we really want to but it's not going to make a difference in 2017. Derelict=juggernaut/Engineer=space jockey, and David's about to kill them all. Move on with ya lives.

SiL

Well, slightly different make. They had to curve it more so it'd roll at the end.

But then it's like a sedan or hatchback version of the same model car.

Lexxdog

My thoughts as well m8

Necronomicon II

GT vs GTX with power steering, or rolling rather.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 16, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
to me it looks like that giant Juggernaut might be some sort of magnetic anchor for the ships, it's their way of landing. It attracts the smaller juggernauts like a giant horseshoe magnet would attract a paper clip.

the juggernaut you see in the image is not gigantic, it's closer to the camera, nothing more, nothing less

Pvt. Himmel

Some close up clearer pics.... Thanks to Qubism over @Scified!!

Spoiler

[close]

cliffhanger

i see nothing?

Beardomorph

Fixed.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 16, 2017, 10:48:56 AM
Some close up clearer pics.... Thanks to Qubism over @Scified!!

Spoiler

[close]

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 10:27:07 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2017, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 10:08:02 PM
Yeah, but look at all that make up on his face! Looks much better than those boring bald dudes in Covenant, right?!

They do look better in Prometheus, but in all likelihood we're still just looking at the same Engineer faction.

Might be due to budget and time limitations. On Prometheus they only had to do make-up on a handful of actors, in Covenant they had 30 - 50 Engineer extras.
Yep, you're probably right. And if so, it's a shame they couldn't make them look as good. I was looking forward to seeing engineers again, and now they look like this.  :-[

They certainly have the resources to make them look "as good." I'm thinking maybe it's because the Engineers in the first film were 2,000 years older and this group, 2,000+ years in the future, look a bit different? Evolutionary acclimations and such? Wouldn't that make sense?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed