Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,636 times)

Keyes

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 03, 2011, 11:59:35 AM
Just got my issue of Empire and I'm sorry to report that it reveals nothing new. It's just a run down of published events that led to Prometheus without actually telling us anything more than fox and Scott did.  :(

Would it be okay if you could scan and upload it anyway please?

Hemi

This is just a thought :

When Alien came out it was considered a nasty Star Wars. (see booklet of the Alien Soundtrack...it had some quotes in it)...could it be that this Prometheus is a nasty Avatar? Just a thought.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Daz_85 on Feb 03, 2011, 12:33:25 PM
Just got my issue of Empire and I'm sorry to report that it reveals nothing new. It's just a run down of published events that led to Prometheus without actually telling us anything more than fox and Scott did.  :(

EDIT 2: Better ones up...

dandan

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 03, 2011, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Daz_85 on Feb 03, 2011, 12:33:25 PM

EDIT 2: Better ones up...

http://oi56.tinypic.com/212ennt.jpg
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2up9qx0.jpg
dosent tell us anything new atall! :( :( :(

Valaquen

Looking over all the information, it does seem a little hopeful for a slightly divorced Jockey film. Maybe.

Gazz

Yeah, but even that sounds like it's a conclusion driven by the information that's already publicly available rather than from some insider knowledge. 

dandan

so lets get this straight what the hell is going on here?!  isit a prequel,  a alien film ,  some kind of spin off?   or a film about space jockeys? :S :S confused.com

cloverfan98

Quote from: dandan on Feb 03, 2011, 04:41:08 PM
so lets get this straight what the hell is going on here?!  isit a prequel,  a alien film ,  some kind of spin off?   or a film about space jockeys? :S :S confused.com

We're all confused about this man. No knows for sure whats going on.

dandan

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Feb 03, 2011, 04:58:56 PM
Quote from: dandan on Feb 03, 2011, 04:41:08 PM

We're all confused about this man. No knows for sure whats going on.
gues we will hav to wait i really cnt wait tbh and i want to here info from ridley or fox not just a few sites with ther unreliable sources lol

BonesawT101

I'm getting the sense that 'Prometheus' will be related to the Alien franchise in a way that will see the plot deal with the Space jockey so to speak. while the alien as we know it may not appear, what COULD appear (I'm basing these theories on everything I have read so far - facts, the sky rumors, what Scott has said dating back to last year and up to this point) is what existed BEFORE the alien(s) we see in the original film existed - going back to the beginning of the evolution of the species. (this could also be what sky's insider source is talking about when he/she mentions the 'familiar and big giger Aliens'. This may also be what Ridley Scott is referring to in his introduction in the Alien Anthology booklet)

Giger's bio mechanical creatures that appeared in A L I E N  had to have evolved from something, i think that 'something' may be what we see in Prometheus and therefore they can not simply call it a prequel to 'Alien' etc etc because it may not feature the alien as we know it, it may however feature the alien that existed before it.

I also don't think that it will be a true prequel in the sense that it will tell the story of what happened to the jockey and how it crashed on LV-426 etc (for example the star wars episodes 1-3 are 'true' prequels because they told a very specific story of how Darth Vader and the empire came to be) My theory is that Prometheus will be set before Alien or will at least be related to it quite strongly if not completely directly (this is further backed up by Noomi Rapace when discussing her role in Prometheus in a very recent interview with the 'Dagens Nyheter newspaper, "I'm not playing Ripley from the other Alien films, although this one is connected with them" from alienprequelnews.com, 19th january 2011), but will not primarily concern itself with how the space jockey ended up on LV-426.

As earlier stated these are all just my theories after having been constantly reading everything i possibly can on this project for over a year now. I am a massive Alien fan and have been glued to every piece of news that has been released so far on this project haha. I ramble on a bit, but just thought I share my theories with the good folks of the galaxy!

Federick Gonsa

Wow... That magazine wasted good paper... Instead of writing all that stuff, they should have put up a link to AVPGalaxy. Seriously, you would know all that stuff if you visited this site.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 03, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
Wow... That magazine wasted good paper... Instead of writing all that stuff, they should have put up a link to AVPGalaxy. Seriously, you would know all that stuff if you visited this site.

That's what we're here for. 8)

dandan

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Feb 03, 2011, 07:17:13 PM
Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 03, 2011, 06:24:55 PM

That's what we're here for. 8)

ino it was a waste of time tbh getting everyones hypes up for nowt!

Gazz

To be honest I don't think Empire was speaking to you personally (:P) but as I said earlier when the article was first announced, it was simply a run down of events for the mass movie going public. Not everyone frequents a message board such as this or is in the know regarding the development of the Harvest script.

Keyes

Yeah, personally I thought it was clear there would be nothing new in this article... but it's nice to see a roundup of all teh goings-on over the last year or so. Thanks for the scans!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed