Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,482 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: CHAINS on Sep 12, 2009, 07:36:36 PM
i know it does somewhat but like i said its in the movie theres nothing that can be done!

There is something. They could remove AvPR from Alien and Predator canon, which would be a good move in my opinion. I already don't consider anything in that piece of shit "movie" canon.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: CHAINS on Sep 12, 2009, 07:36:36 PM
i know it does somewhat but like i said its in the movie theres nothing that can be done!

It can be safely ignored, since when two sources of canon conflict, the most simple thing to do is to ignore the new, offending material. Making up explanations of how these two things can coexist is just fanon, anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Or, just remember that the AvP films are canon unto themselves, just like Predator and Alien are in their own universes.

CHAINS

CHAINS

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2009, 05:12:47 AM
Or, just remember that the AvP films are canon unto themselves, just like Predator and Alien are in their own universes.
you could be right there if they didn't put bishop in avp even though it wasn't him just sort of tied them together and made it confusing hes there!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The AvP films were supposed to tie both franchises together, but the lack of continuity screwed everything up.

CHAINS

CHAINS

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2009, 02:17:43 PM
The AvP films were supposed to tie both franchises together, but the lack of continuity screwed everything up.
exactly! the lack of continuity and the horrible story they wrote to try and make them fit just didn't work at all! in both of the predator movies you never see in any of them a predator befriending a human like in avp which still bothers me!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Although, to be fair, that did happen as a plot point of the original comic.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

AvPR is winning? Really?  :-\

Rabies

Rabies

I'm with Lt. Mike Harrigan here, sure the queen was massive but It's been there forever, in aliens it was around for what like weeks and granted the chestbursting was almost instantaneous but AVP was far more tolerable despite some character flaws that will remain pretty much with that movie and won't really affect any future movies unlike AVPR

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 15, 2009, 03:07:38 PM

And the comics are non-canon, despite what Fox may say. Go figure.

SM

SM

But AvP made the Predator team up concept canon.

Sort of.

Kind of.

CHAINS

CHAINS

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 15, 2009, 03:07:38 PM
that's different canon not the movie!

CHAINS

CHAINS

Quote from: SM on Sep 16, 2009, 04:19:04 AM
But AvP made the Predator team up concept canon.

Sort of.

Kind of.
yeah regretfull they are canon. the story they created to make them fit in the same continuity just didn't work at all! that aliens were bred for the hunt was just dumb! they have to be allot older than the predator race!

Rabies

Rabies

Just because they're bred for the hunt does not mean they're not older just that predators helped spread the species

CHAINS

CHAINS

Quote from: Rabies on Sep 16, 2009, 04:05:16 PM
Just because they're bred for the hunt does not mean they're not older just that predators helped spread the species
that whole bred for the hunt thing was created for the story to make the two continuity's exist together! i would aliens definitely would be older they evolved past technology and use biotechnology like the ship from the first alien movie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed