AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,687 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The casting was wrong... and yet I really like what he did with the role.

Kradan

Kradan

Me too

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 11, 2020, 05:52:58 PM
Surely we can all agree that Adrien Brody was the worst casting choice to play Royce.

Come on ! I smell a troll  ;D

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

You are suggesting that I am the troll to cover your own tracks. Oldest trick in the book.  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, I'm pretty unimaginative  :D

Anyway, Brody was awesome in that role. Cool, ruthless, careless to anyone beside himself and yet still human.

Voodoo Magic

Surely we can all agree that Adrien Brody was the worst casting choice to play Royce.

Yeah, I have to agree he wasn't the best choice, but The Predator's casting was far worse than Predators' in my humble opinion.

But overall, to me, Predator works best when the humans are more exaggerated, larger than life, comicbook exaggerated humans. Character actors are more suited for an Alien film, not Predator.  To me the Predator's Boyd Holbrook belongs in Alien film not Predator, and Alien Resurrection's larger than life Ron Perlman is more suited for Predator in my eyes. The two franchises call for different things.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 11, 2020, 07:44:57 PM
The casting was wrong... and yet I really like what he did with the role.

The whole Tiger pose/deep breathing thing he had going on trying to sell the manliness near the end was a bit cringy. Other than that, he did alright, even with the batman voice.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 11, 2020, 09:17:45 PM

Yeah, I have to agree he wasn't the best choice, but The Predator's casting was far worse than Predators' in my humble opinion.

But overall, to me, Predator works best when the humans are more exaggerated, larger than life, comicbook exaggerated humans. Character actors are more suited for an Alien film, not Predator.  To me the Predator's Boyd Holbrook belongs in Alien film not Predator, and Alien Resurrection's larger than life Ron Perlman is more suited for Predator in my eyes. The two franchises call for different things.

Have you just badmouth The Predator ?

Spoiler
[close]

For me characters of The Predator is what saves it from being unwatchable/unenjoyable trash.

Huggs

Huggs

Boyd Holbrook...in Alien? He should be catering, not acting.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Holbrook was great in it. I really don't see the problem with him.

Voodoo Magic

I have released the Kradan!!!  ;D

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 12, 2020, 05:51:55 AM
Boyd Holbrook...in Alien? He should be catering, not acting.

:laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 12, 2020, 09:54:44 AM
Holbrook was great in it. I really don't see the problem with him.

You're too kind. Boyd was decent in Narcos, and would likely be equally decent in a more character driven, realistic role... but as a wise-cracking, ass-kicking, Predator stomping hero? That's not him. He can't sell it. "You shove me again and I'll break your neck"? Yeah, uh no, go get your cookie now and have some milk. To me, I can see the problems with The Predator as clear as my face and the casting of Boyd was one of the big ones. He belongs back in time competing for the role of Dallas in AvP-R, not this.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Disagree there. Emphatically with the c/d lister comment regarding Holbrook in the post above. My only issue with Brody's was the batman voice. Other than that, I really enjoyed him. Same as Holbrook in The Predator. No, he wasn't Arnold, but we're not in the 80s anymore and I think trying to replicate that kind of casting would only get laughed at by the masses.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2020, 01:10:14 PM

Disagree there. Emphatically with the c/d lister comment regarding Holbrook in the post above. My only issue with Brody's was the batman voice. Other than that, I really enjoyed him. Same as Holbrook in The Predator. No, he wasn't Arnold, but we're not in the 80s anymore and I think trying to replicate that kind of casting would only get laughed at by the masses.

No one gave complaints Boyd wasn't Arnold. Danny Glover isn't Arnold and worked wonderfully. I'm saying Boyd doesn't have the gravitas, the stuff to pull off the wise-cracking, ass-kicking, hero. Just his tough-guy debriefing scene alone to see if McKenna saw an alien to me was so forced and cringe-worthy. It comes off as desperately acting tough versus conveying tough. But who nearby really had the chops to be that lead protagonist character ironically?  Sterling K. Brown. 100%  That man has it. He oozed don't-f*ck-with-me. I would have preferred him in the lead, no doubt. That whole movie needs a recasting imo.

Back to Brody, I don't hate him in his role. I just felt there were better choices imo.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2020, 01:45:17 PMDanny Glover isn't Arnold and worked wonderfully.

Glover was just as miscast in the second Predator film. He pulls it off because he's a good actor, but he never feels like the right choice for the film.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 12, 2020, 01:47:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2020, 01:45:17 PMDanny Glover isn't Arnold and worked wonderfully.

Glover was just as miscast in the second Predator film. He pulls it off because he's a good actor, but he never feels like the right choice for the film.

Filming in 1990, if you could recast, who would you have preferred back then with Arnold out of the picture?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I think Danny Glover was alright. It may have to do with Danny hardly being known for his 'action' roles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed