Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (79.2%)
The Strause Brothers
38 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 67,163 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 24, 2024, 07:07:51 PMAnd he has made some decent [...] movies.

Lmao.

Quoteat least memorable

QuoteEvent Horizon

You can have that one though.

Nightmare Asylum

David Twohy, despite his connection to Alien via his stab at Alien 3 pre-Fincher, strikes me as a guy that I'd really love to get a Predator movie out of, especially after really nailing that sort of pulpy tone in the 2013 Riddick.

AVP could also work from him, for sure, but something about Predator specifically seems like it'd be just the right fit for him.

Thatguy2068

I do agree that event horizon is his best work. Why couldn't he have this much talent when he's working on other films?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2024, 07:30:03 PMsomething about Predator specifically seems like it'd be just the right fit for him.

Agreed, and throwing PB into the mix is why I'd give him a shot at AvP in a heartbeat. Solo Predator film would be nice too though.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 24, 2024, 07:30:18 PMI do agree that event horizon is his best work. Why couldn't he have this much talent when he's working on other films?

Either different crew to work with which can affect movie quality or his work as filmmaker just varies. Still, out of the two directors for a 3rd avp or a reboot, I would probably go for Paul, at least he has more experience and has had some decent movies.

BlueMarsalis79

What decent films exactly? Have to agree with RedLetterMedia honestly. Even his best film I can only call halfway good.

One character particularly annihilates the atmosphere Event Horizon tries to cultivate:

The Cruentus

True ymmv on what is decent but if you go by his RE movies, AVP etc, then Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon are certainly some of his better works. My point is that at least some of his movies have their fans or become part pop culture. Which means he would likely be the horse to bet on if it came down between him and the strauss bros for a new AVP movie.

E. Shaw

Neither, who I want to direct AVP3 is Denis Villeneuve.

SiL

He's the only working director who I think "well he did it, I'll go watch" but I wouldn't want him touching it (not that he would).

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 09:31:38 PMHe's the only working director who I think "well he did it, I'll go watch" but I wouldn't want him touching it (not that he would).

He needs to make a Alien film though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 09:31:38 PMHe's the only working director who I think "well he did it, I'll go watch" but I wouldn't want him touching it (not that he would).

Yeah, completely wrong for AvP and he'd never go for it regardless.

SiL

I'd rather see him do Predator honestly. There's something about his sci fi that just doesn't gel with Alien for me.

[cancerblack]

That's an interesting take. I'll have to think about it.

SiL

The intensity of Sicario's various hunts and action pieces but with Predator hunting, yes please.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 09:35:15 PMI'd rather see him do Predator honestly. There's something about his sci fi that just doesn't gel with Alien for me.

Interesting, since he did Bladerunner 2049, I thought he could be a good candidate to explore the Alien world, particularly synthetics. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed