Trailer is here! (HD downloads available)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

What do you think of the trailer?

Love it.
50 (69.4%)
Pretty good.
13 (18.1%)
It's alright.
7 (9.7%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Trailer is here! (HD downloads available) (Read 123,289 times)

Samus007

If you closely compare the derelict from Alien to the one shown crashing in this film, they are very different looking. Same shape, but the front ends are different. So, I guess that means this is not the ship from Alien, and the planet it is crashing on is not LV-426. Unless the ship changes shape slightly or something.  :-\

dryheat

I disagree. I think this is the same derelict ship from Alien.

Don't forget that in prometheus we are seeing it in 'good working' order, much newer than when we see it in Alien, where it has been sitting there for many years.

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:00:10 AM
If you closely compare the derelict from Alien to the one shown crashing in this film, they are very different looking. Same shape, but the front ends are different. So, I guess that means this is not the ship from Alien, and the planet it is crashing on is not LV-426. Unless the ship changes shape slightly or something.  :-\

Samus007

Quote from: dryheat on Dec 23, 2011, 01:06:08 AM

Don't forget that in prometheus we are seeing it in 'good working' order, much newer than when we see it in Alien, where it has been sitting there for many years.

Google the old ship, large photos, the fronts of the ships are completely different.

szkoki

Quote from: dryheat on Dec 23, 2011, 01:06:08 AM

Then who the F word brought it to another planet after a crash? :)

Gash

I thought that on first glance but actually all the same shapes are there you are just viewing them upside down and the lighting de-emphasises some of the protrusions. Not saying it's the same ship but the shape of the front ends is much the same.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

I wonder if the nature of the sjcraft is the same as the eggs, the lifeforms inside wait in status for visitors, they wake up, f**k the visitors, then use the spawn as bioweapons......????

mastermoon

Amazing that is a very cool trailer, the movie is going to be wonderful!.

Samus007

Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2011, 01:09:39 AM

I thought that on first glance but actually all the same shapes are there you are just viewing them upside down and the lighting de-emphasises some of the protrusions. Not saying it's the same ship but the shape of the front ends is much the same.

Yeah your right. I take back what I said now. Maybe it is the same ship after all. Which if it is, thank God, cause it sure would be odd to have ships crashing similarly all over the place on different planets, lol.

szkoki

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:16:19 AM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2011, 01:09:39 AM

Yeah your right. I take back what I said now. Maybe it is the same ship after all. Which if it is, thank God, cause it sure would be odd to have ships crashing similarly all over the place on different planets, lol.

-.- not the same...the movie does not take place on lv-426

btw read my theory :D
"I think i just found out the story.
People go to a planet where they meet one of the engineers, only he stayed there waiting for the time to come when humans can reach there...here comes some booring explanation about our history and about the technology and about the knolewdge what he shares with us and  so on...then the engineer wants to leave with all his preacious stuffs, but the military part of the crew is ordered to get everything from him and takes over the control of prometheus and shot the ship down, it falls back to the planet then hell breaks loose because the engineer unleashes something in his last moments to kill all the humans and sends a message to the others to bring a ship with full of alien eggs to earth...thats it... 
"

D-13

Are you blind?
It freaking rolls around on the ground, crashing and all hell... of course it will change shape.

and 2 derilict ships crashing in the same way... don't think so.
The ship we see in THE ONE from Alien... nothing else.

szkoki

Quote from: D-13 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:25:17 AM

Are you blind?
It freaking rolls around on the ground, crashing and all hell... of course it will change shape.

and 2 derilict ships crashing in the same way... don't think so.
The ship we see in THE ONE from Alien... nothing else.

oh my god...this is the last time i write it down...THIS PLANET IS NOT THE LV-426!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO ALIEN FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!

Gash

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 23, 2011, 01:18:48 AM

-.- not the same...the movie does not take place on lv-426

Well, neither did  A  L  I  E  N, Cameron's planet don't look much like the unnamed planetoid from 1979. LV-426 is one of those terms I put along with xenomorph as inventions that bare little relation to Ridley's film.

MrSpaceJockey

Though, if by the slightest chance it is the same ship, I can forgive these inaccuracies.  The Narcissus shuttle has some completely redesigned panelling in ALIENS than in ALIEN.  The only problem I have is that it is not as organic as it should be.  Most of these sets feel artificially Giger like...n good, but not perfect, imitation.

higherprimate

If you look at the picture of the SJ ship standing upright (if that is indeed how it is standing) the 3 wholes where the nostrromo crew enter look as if they would be far away from the ground, maybe the ship was a little more burried than we thought, or it had landed the outher way around all just theory

DemonicD13

I was just noticing the same thing NENDO

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed