Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 953,724 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The Forgotten City

Another gem I found on PS Plus Extra. Anybody who likes Deathloop should have a go with this. It's set in Ancient Rome and you have to talk to its inhabitants and figure out what's happening. You'll have to reloop back through time to the start of the day as you learn new things to stop events from happening. You slowly piece things together as you go along. Definitely pays to just play it without knowing anything about it.

Stitch

Stitch

Resident Evil 4

I followed the game's advice, and started playing on hardcore because I've played the original multiple times. As a result, Leon S. Kennedy has died multiple times.

Good game. Good remake.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just beat DS2 and DS3 Hardcore modes today.  8)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Still trucking along in Metroid Prime Hunters, most of the way towards getting the 7th of 8 Octoliths.

Looking forward to moving on to Metroid Prime 2 though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@Xenomrph Have you ever played AM2R?  I actually have.  Several times.  It's amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM2R

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2023, 07:26:33 PM@Xenomrph Have you ever played AM2R?  I actually have.  Several times.  It's amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM2R
Not yet, but I'm planning to when I get to Metroid 2 in my timeline playthrough. I'm planning to play through OG Metroid 2, AM2R, and Samus Returns so I can compare them all.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quake II. The combat is still delightful but the puzzles and chain reactions are exhausting in this day and age.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Resident Evil 4 (remake)-

I'm in the middle of chapter 4 and so far I'd say it deserves all the praise it's received thus far.

The gameplay has been super tense and nerve wracking at times. I'm enjoying the atmospheric settings that match the other remakes and newer installments.

Interesting to see where they used various elements of RE8 while recreating RE4.

Spoiler-ish I suppose.

Spoiler
I think there's some strong hints that RE5 might be receiving the same treatment. Bring it on.
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 27, 2023, 11:35:02 AMResident Evil 4 (remake)-

I'm in the middle of chapter 4 and so far I'd say it deserves all the praise it's received thus far.

The gameplay has been super tense and nerve wracking at times. I'm enjoying the atmospheric settings that match the other remakes and newer installments.

Interesting to see where they used various elements of RE8 while recreating RE4.

Spoiler-ish I suppose.

Spoiler
I think there's some strong hints that RE5 might be receiving the same treatment. Bring it on.
[close]
I also just beat chapter 4. The big guy on hardcore was a struggle!

I'd hope we get a CV remake before RE5, though, especially since RE5 plays like a modern game.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 27, 2023, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 27, 2023, 11:35:02 AMResident Evil 4 (remake)-

Spoiler-ish I suppose.

Spoiler
[close]
I also just beat chapter 4. The big guy on hardcore was a struggle!

I'd hope we get a CV remake before RE5, though, especially since RE5 plays like a modern game.

I'm about to go in there now and fight him! I really liked the giant skull you find in the church, I thought it was a nice little touch lore.
I have to be honest, I'm only on standard difficulty but can just imagine this game on hardcore. My next playthrough I'll give it a go.

I'm in full agreement about them remaking CV first before RE5. It's a pretty important piece to the story around the core characters.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I want them to take a break from RE remakes and do Dino Crisis. 

DC to me was always the closest in feel to the first RE game even over all the other REs, just because you had to manage encounters due to the lack of ammo.  Plus they were dinosaurs and were more capable than zombies.  I remember while playing, locking a dinosaur on the other side of a fence and he just jumped over it.  I remember setting up lasers so the dinosaurs couldn't go down a hallway and instead they went through the vents.  It was cool stuff for its time, and I'm sure they could make it crazier with todays technology. 

I also like to think how a DC2 remade in todays gameplay engines would look.  Edward City with TLOU remakes abandoned to nature structures art style and forested environments?  Yes please. 

Stitch

Stitch

I agree. Dino Crisis could be awesome if it was remade with modern technology.

I had a go at the Exoprimal beta the other day. Considering they have a red haired female mercenary called 'Majesty' (not at all similar to the name Regina, not like Regina means Queen in Latin...), I was hoping it would be closer to Dino Crisis.

It's not a bad game by any means, but it's a little generic. Standard multi-player online game but with dinosaurs. It's cool when a load of raptors get reported in, but still leaves a bit to be desired.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 27, 2023, 11:07:04 PMI want them to take a break from RE remakes and do Dino Crisis.

You're going to need an RE game in that tent.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The deployment gonna wait.  Couldn't get my reclass school in time before they went.  Its two and a half months long, and I can't go until July, and they leave in July.

I've already been overseas, so it's ok by me. 

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 27, 2023, 11:07:04 PMI want them to take a break from RE remakes and do Dino Crisis. 

DC to me was always the closest in feel to the first RE game even over all the other REs, just because you had to manage encounters due to the lack of ammo.  Plus they were dinosaurs and were more capable than zombies.  I remember while playing, locking a dinosaur on the other side of a fence and he just jumped over it.  I remember setting up lasers so the dinosaurs couldn't go down a hallway and instead they went through the vents.  It was cool stuff for its time, and I'm sure they could make it crazier with todays technology. 

I also like to think how a DC2 remade in todays gameplay engines would look.  Edward City with TLOU remakes abandoned to nature structures art style and forested environments?  Yes please. 

After reading this I've just dug out my ps1 copy of DC to play  :) I still need to pick up a copy of DC2 and I plan on replying the original PS1 Resident Evil games after I have done Dino Crisis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed