Aliens Versus Predator + Millenium Expansion pack xp problems

Started by drone, Aug 13, 2007, 06:20:55 PM

Author
Aliens Versus Predator + Millenium Expansion pack xp problems (Read 6,088 times)

drone

Hiya everyone this is my first post/thread

I've installed avp 1 gold edition (my os is xp sp2 and video card is ati radeon 9600 pro) and game don't work properly, after cut scenes game always crashes :( So I can play game if disable the movies but it is crappy and not interesting to play the game without movies. And also intro sound always caught in loop :( If anyone knows how to solve it then pls reply

Thanks
drone

Corporal Hicks

Okay. When you first load up the game, it will crash after it loads up a save. Just Alt+F4 it or let it crash or whatever. Load it up again. It should work. As for the music, ya just gotta skip it before it even starts or let it run it's course.

drone

ok thanks I will try

drone

nope not working :(

Corporal Hicks

drone

avp gold always crashes after cut scences :( I've updated all video drivers but still not working
does this game properly work for xp at all or I need some patches? I tried every search engines but didn't find the solution. I really want to play this and with all cut scences of course. Any help appreciated. Thanks

p.s. on win98 it works good but change OS just to play the game .... :)

Corporal Hicks

There's a patch somewhere. AndyUK made it but I haven't seen him in ages nor do I know where to find it.  :-\

drone

whatever thank you for your help and attention
just avp1 much better than avp2. I played avp2 and just wanna play avp1

Tangent

I've been trying to re-install my AvP: Gold onto XP and Vista for quite some time. Sometimes the game loads up properly, but will continuously loop some sound effects and music clips. There's also about a fourth of my screen taken up by a big black space, where nothing renders. The HUD still seems to work though...

Anyone else have information about some sort of patch? Or better yet, anyone have it themselves?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: drone on Aug 16, 2007, 05:04:49 AM

What version of the game do you have? The re-released cheapo versions work with XP.

drone

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2007, 08:24:54 AM
Quote from: drone on Aug 16, 2007, 05:04:49 AM

What version of the game do you have? The re-released cheapo versions work with XP.

To be honest I don't know exactly coz I've lost that cd :( The game is only installed on my hard drive. In titles it is just "Aliens vs Predator Gold" so I don't know is it rereleased or not :(

I have same problems as tangent does. I found this patch

http://www.mofunzone.com/game_patch_downloads/aliens_vs_predator_gold_edition_0_98.shtml

if I use it and rename avp.exe to aliensvspredator.exe game sometimes works (even with movies) but most of the time it still crashes so I think that patch is too old and I even don't know does the new one exist or not :S

Tangent

I tried that patch too, and so far all I've seen it do is change the desktop shortcut from gold to red, white, and blue. The menu is also different, with an Aliens-esque space backdrop instead of the pulsating olive green I was used to.

I'm desperate to get this working, can anyone help?

Corporal Hicks

What you guys need to do is buy the XPLOSIV version of it.

Tangent

Tangent

XPLOSIV? Sounds like something one of my friends would have written on their skateboard in middle school...

Where can one find this... explosive version of the game?? Is there something different in that version that allows it to be played on the newer OS's?

Corporal Hicks

From what I've heard, yeh. Just look on Ebay my friend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed