Rebellion's Aliens vs Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2008, 04:47:38 PM

Author
Rebellion's Aliens vs Predator (Read 3,085 times)

Corporal Hicks

So I've finally had a go on this recently. Well, not finally. Recently. Haven't touched AvP1 since I got my new PC - works lovely on Vista BTW. A lot smoother and faster loading on here. I think, along with Alien Trilogy, that AvP1 is possibly one of the best AvP games. Sure, it's got dated graphics but it was sooo intense and atmospheric.

DDvsPred

DDvsPred

Yeah, I jumped out of my seat a few times when Aliens swiped at me and trying to find a Facehugger until I see it's on my Face.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

this was the first PC game I ever owned, so to me, it's the best game ever... ;D

i wish this could have updated graphics and be released on the consoles.

Xhan

Xhan

AvP was the reason I bought a computer. and it's thousand s of times better/more faithful than Avp2's comic ripoff rehash.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

It's a great game. More fun online also.

Corporal Hicks

Was thinking about you earlier. Let's crack on and do some GSing.

Stalker

Stalker

The original AVP is still a great game, regardless of its dated graphics. The only problem I have with it is I can never get a multiplayer match going for some reason, it's far easier to just use AVP2's server system.

Corporal Hicks

With some games, graphics just don't matter - Alien Trilogy for one.

Stalker

Stalker

I actually tried re-playing Alien Trilogy some time last year...as much as I loved it when I was young, it didn't hold my attention for more than 10 minutes. There are certain classic games I still love to this day though.

Corporal Hicks

For me Trilogy is such a game. I really need to get my Nostromo sorted out and get playing AvP1 again.

vehtam

vehtam

Today I played with my friend multiplayer deathmatch on hive map for few hours. That game is absolutely awesome, far better in mp than avp2. We played every possible combination: marine vs alien, marine vs pred, pred vs alien. f**k, I almost forgot, how awesome it is. Pure adrenaline and full of scary moments. Like when my friend silently crawled behind my back, and when i turned, headbit my head. Amazing. This game will never get old.

VonPelz

VonPelz

I have both the original and gold edition. I really loved this game back in '99... I would also do my own scenarios, pitting marines against predators, aliens and yes, xenoborgs. :D I did this with those marinebot, alienbot etc commands. The AvP launcher was also a great utility.
I remember the first time I got facehugged and I almost fell out of my damn chair! Was checking those corners way too much, forgot about the ground.

Has anybody got AvP to run on a modern pc with XP? The game starts and runs fine... It's just that animations on characters isn't working. Marines are flying around like ghosts without moving their legs.
Does the xplosive edition of AvP have fixed XP compatibility?

Xhan

Xhan

Depends on what card you're using, and whether or not you have updated smack and bink files.

Space Voyager

AvP1 is the scariest game of all times for me... I'm thinking about buying a gold edition and playing it through (if I can find it).

Corporal Hicks

They're all on Ebay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed