AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,236 times)

SM

SM

Quoteand make a good f**king movie

:D

Damn!  All those guys who've made bad films now know where they were going wrong!  Great tip!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2009, 04:05:17 AM
Quoteand make a good f**king movie

:D

Damn!  All those guys who've made bad films now know where they were going wrong!  Great tip!
Hahaha! Thank you! Seriously, they should have know AvP was going to be awful on sight of snow...

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 03, 2009, 03:11:52 AM
Get a director that knows the franchise, and what makes it so goddamn good, set it in the future (the Alien universe) put Colonial Marines in it, and make a good f**king movie-- It's not that complicated; just do it well, in a universe were both franchises blend well (one reason why the games are so good, is the choice to set it in the Alien universe).

Yes. I agree.

Salvage something out of this mess of two horrible AvP movies.

Aliens versus Predator is a brilliant idea. But they choose morons to make it.

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Could I have more feedback on my idea?

It's on page 46.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2009, 07:37:51 AM
That's why I find the whole idea ill-suited for a movie. I've approached the concept from a lot of different angles, and that's what it boils down to; constructing a movie around dudes in rubber suits dry-humping each other to death.

The original comic did it decently, but it's been cherry-picked by the movies so much it would seem tired now; The fights didn't really ever take center stage, seen more from a distance from the human characters' points of views. It allowed you to have your fights without derailing the movie. It never cut from the characters to just the creatures fighting.

Approached like that, I think a decent story could be made. I doubt anyone would try it, though.

I think in some ways you're right, but I don't think it has to be just about "dudes in rubber suits dry-humping each other to death". There must be ways around that because that sounds so freaking silly. If that's what the fights look like, then to me that means the director is lazy and can't choreograph a good fight.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 03, 2009, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2009, 07:37:51 AM
That's why I find the whole idea ill-suited for a movie. I've approached the concept from a lot of different angles, and that's what it boils down to; constructing a movie around dudes in rubber suits dry-humping each other to death.

The original comic did it decently, but it's been cherry-picked by the movies so much it would seem tired now; The fights didn't really ever take center stage, seen more from a distance from the human characters' points of views. It allowed you to have your fights without derailing the movie. It never cut from the characters to just the creatures fighting.

Approached like that, I think a decent story could be made. I doubt anyone would try it, though.

I think in some ways you're right, but I don't think it has to be just about "dudes in rubber suits dry-humping each other to death". There must be ways around that because that sounds so freaking silly. If that's what the fights look like, then to me that means the director is lazy and can't choreograph a good fight.

Agree And It would be nice to be able to see an AvP movie with a script and a Director who knows the creatures but doesn't see any of them as a favorite.
Like making one of the creatures superior in any given situation.
Sadly, we got that with both movies, if a AvP 3 ever happens I would like have that changed.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

A grim and mirthless thought occured to me this morning: I look at the Peter Briggs script with fondness. A decade ago, when AvP looked even less likely than Alien V, we could all smirk at how demeaning it was to its characters and what a bad film it would make. What a bizarre time that was, when the worst thing about an AvP script was that it wasn't good enough rather than it being completely f**king antagonistic towards anyone who reads it.

I spent a long time arguing why "Predators seed planets with alien eggs for the ultimate hunt!" was a lousy idea. I never thought it would be competing with "Predator shoots down own spaceship and hunts aliens in Wal-Mart!"

Larry The Cable Predator

Larry The Cable Predator

I always thought it was kind of odd that the Predators would bring the Aliens to Earth for a hunt...  I mean, the Predators seem smarter than that - they have that self-destruct device and all, surely they would have contingency plans in place in case they fail.

Anywho.....

I always figured that somewhere deep in Predator space, there was a planet with all sorts of wild animals and whatnot.  They'd seed this planet with an Alien Queen or two (or ten), and let the Aliens spread like wildfire.  Then, either A) the young Predators would arrive for their ritual hunt, or B) a dishonored Predator would be dropped off, the point being that when his buddies returned for him One Predator Year Later, if he were still alive, his honor would be restored, and if he'd become a chestbursted corpse...

Well, in that case, he probably wouldn't be interested in his honor anymore anyway.

Either way, doesn't seem like it'd be all that much of a stretch to just have a human starship crash land on this planet in the middle of all this, with a wide variety of human characters to watch desperately try to survive.

This way there'd be a wide variety of Aliens, a unique cast of Predators, (possibly even a downright evil one if you take the Dishonored Pred route), and hopefully an interesting cast of human folk.  Plus, you'd have free reign to come up with just about any type of geographical terrain you could think of to set it in, a real opportunity to really set it apart from any other Aliens or Predator film that came before it.

Hope I got all that out clearly enough, I haven't had much sleep this week.

:-[

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

I am posting this again but i have tweaked it a bit, i also sent this to Joel Silver.

I had watched AVP-R with the commentary and heard that they tried to get I am assuming Adam Baldwin to reprise his role of Garber. Not sure why he wouldn't do it, maybe it wasn't a big enough part for him. It would be great to get him back to reprise his role from Predator 2 and play Garber, he could be the husband of Ms. Yutani. Also keep Robert Joy as Col. Stevens from AVP-R. Have someone play the role of Charles Bishop Weyland's son, Robert Patrick maybe, so they can show them working together as a joint company.

It should start about a six months to a year after AVP-R, but it will have the company of now Weyland-Yutani Corp. back in Gunnison, Colorado examining the landing pod in the lake that the predator used in AVP-R then transporting it back to a research facility. Then you can show another team in Antarctica getting the frozen Alien Queen out of the water (She was still alive when she was sinking). Once they get her out, they transport her to the same Weyland-Yutani military research facility complete with military personnel, where they took the landing pod, on a remote tropical island somewhere. They thaw her out and chain her up, in order to produce more eggs. They then maybe have military prisoners and use them as hosts for the aliens. Have to have someone comment on the notes made by Lex(AVP) that the aliens appeared in about 10 minutes, now they are taking hrs (in alien it must of been maybe 2 or 3 hours?)and the other creatures (predators) must of been giving the queen some sort of drug to accelerate the process.

There would have to be the inevitable disaster in order to get the Aliens to start running a muck. Then we see a ship that looks like the ship that was found in the first Alien movie and seen in the extended edition of Aliens, this ship is used by the Space Jockies (the big creature in the chair in Alien) and the Predators to transport Alien eggs to other hunting grounds. While they are passing by Earth they do a scan for the heat and conflict they crave, the monitors could show some battles in Iraq and Afghanistan and then they discover that the Aliens are running a muck on the tropical Island with the Weyland-Yutani installation.

So they cloak the ship and land at a remote spot on the island. All 3 Predators leave the ship and the lone Space Jockey is left behind. Some scientists and military personnel at the facility noticed the atmospheric disturbance from the ship and see it land and with the thermal suits (like Predator 2) they do a recon mission to the ship (do not go inside). They place a sophisticated homing device on the outside of the ship and return to the base. While this is going the remaining military personnel, scientists, Aliens and Predators are fighting it out on the island.

The Queen and a drone can end up escaping and on the way to the ship she lays her egg that will house a super face hugger with a Queen and drone embryo(as in alien 3). She then instructs the drone and face hugger that is out of the egg to head to the ship (just as she instructed the drones in Aliens to back away from Ripley). She then turns back to fight the remaining 2 predators.

The Drone and face hugger make it to the ship where they go to the observatory with the big telescope, where the drone knocks out the Space Jockey and then it is impregnated by the face hugger. All the Aliens are killed on the island and 1 Predator remains and after he kills the queen he boards the ship to leave. (There will be NO explosion to kill everything on the island) The predator takes off in the ship and once the ship is on course he then proceeds to the observatory room where he sees the space jockey against the wall passed out. He scans the jockey and sees the queen embryo gestating inside. The same face hugger tries to impregnate the Predator, but the he kills the face hugger. Then the drone emerges and a fight happens between him and the Predator. In the final blows of the fight, the Alien is thrown to the floor and he stabs the Predator through the neck with his tail and with his last breath the predator decapitates the alien and collapses on top of the acid bleeding drone. The acid melts a hole in the deck (Like the hole in Alien.) and the now melting predator falls down the hole with the drone.

You could then go back to the Weyland-Yutani scientist tracking the ship, and then go back to the Space Jockey ship a few hours later when the Space Jockey comes to. He then hops into the big telescope chair and then you can show the Space Jockey convulsing with the Queen trying to get out, he uses the telescope chair to locate a planet to land / crash on, he then resets the computer to land / crash on a planet LV-426(from Alien and Aliens) He then sets the computer to issue the warning signal, after that the Queen bursts out of his chest killing him. The ship crashes and the hull breach occurs and the atmosphere gets in and makes the space jockey look as if it has been fossilized, And then the Queen chestburster goes down the hole made by the drone.
Once the ship comes to a stop the last thing you see is the Queen going through the ship and then the camera pulls back and you see of all the eggs that Kane saw in the first Alien movie complete with the mist and the blue barrier. This is how Weyland-Yutani Corp. knows about the ship and Alien in the first Alien movie, because it has the homing device on it. Plus it has the warning from the space jockey that mother and Ripley deciphered in Alien.
I think this would be a good way to meld the story lines together.
Perhaps Shane Black, who has written a few action films and even starred in the first Predator movie could write and direct it to bring a familiar element into the mix.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

You sent that to Joel Silver?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

No offense darthmaul1, but I would have tweaked that a lot more than you did, especially considering you planned to, and did, send it to Joel Silver.

XenoVC

XenoVC

I wasn't liking the Predator involvement in that idea at all.

Seemed like they were just thrown in to be with Space Jockeys and Aliens.

The Demon

The Demon

That would make a cool comic book.

As for a movie. They should just reinvent the AvP idea with a good writer and director as we have mentioned before, know these creatures and like them for what they brought to the movies they appeared in.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: The Demon on Aug 12, 2009, 10:33:02 PM
That would make a cool comic book.

As for a movie. They should just reinvent the AvP idea with a good writer and director as we have mentioned before, know these creatures and like them for what they brought to the movies they appeared in.

Yeah, and I wouldn't mind if they made the Predator just a fanatic hunter, like the Yautja.
Don't get me wrong...
...I don't want the Predators to be knights in shiny armor, I want them to be grim, without mercy.
Like if they show us something from their code, like the "rule" when hunting for food; then they must hunt weak creatures so that the line of speices they see as prey are kept strong.
It sounds honorable...
...Until we see the Predators sneaking into a hospital searching for children that are so sick that they never be adults and when they find them, they butcher them and then start eating them.
My bet is that not one of us would see the Yautja as heroic because of their "honorable" code after that...
They don't have to show us the ugly parts, they just have to make us understand what's going on.
It should be a movie about the humans trying to survive the different horrors both creatures present,
when it somes to the xenomorph eating then I rather have it following the battery theory, they don't eat...they charge up while resting...
And I would like the xenomorph to be very deadly in close combat situations, it would take a very skilled Predator to survive it, he would need to set the alien up for the kill, trick it into makeing a misstake that would cost it its life and the Alien would have to do the same with the Predator, it can't just sneak up behind it and kill it without any effort.
I don't wanna see any of the shit in AvP or AvP-R, none of the creatures could be made lesser in any way.

They would be bad guys...

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Dammit, you're god-modding the damn predator again. They seriously need to find a way to appologise to the Aliens in the third movie, perhaps instead of one Pred kicking Alien ass, one Alien killing off members of a Pred ship. (JK)

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for a world-wide breakout, like they do it the way they did it in Revenge of The Fallen, they cover up the incident, and then, like you said, they thaw out the Alien mother in the ice, and bring her to some remote complex where they begin researching the creatures or something, and then, say, the pred ship lands and causes the aliens to break out. Soon, they're all over the damn place, hives everywhere, pred ships everywhere, they find there are predator doomsday weapons hidden inside of ancient ruins all over the world, and maybe onboard the pred mothership there is some mechanism for activating these weapons incase a planet-wide infestation were to occur, and the humans have to somehow find a way to shut it down before the timer hits '0'. And I am not sure if I would prefer one on one avp action, sure it is AVP but that shit gets old. I think it should just be like background story, inbetween major plot points have preds and aliens, like legions of preds fighting swarms of aliens, fighting each other all around the world, like egypt, paris, russia, etc, and most of the plot would surround the humans trying to find the 'off' button. In otherwords, try to make something different other than constant alien on pred action, it gets old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed