Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,162 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Touche.  ;)

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

I think that if a bunch of fans got together (with considerable influence) and worked real hard, they could probobly make a kickass AvP3 or AvP reboot.

SM

SM

Ain't no money in it.  And without money, interest in such things wanes very quickly.

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

sure there is money in it, the first one made money and so did the 2nd
if they were to go with something along the lines with what i wrote and get a good director and writer then they would be good to go
Say get, Shane Black to direct and write or nicholas meyer and it would do very good.
I can even see the tag line: In AVP you were face hugged, in AVP-R you were chest burst now in 2011 prepare to shed your skin and mature for Aliens Vs. Predators /// (title??)
can't think of a title or if it needs one any ideas anyone?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They barely brought back their budget, and they only succeeded internationally when it came to making money.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Jul 08, 2009, 03:46:14 AM
I can even see the tag line: In AVP you were face hugged, in AVP-R you were chest burst now in 2011 prepare to shed your skin and mature for Aliens Vs. Predators ///

Haha, funny.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

A perfect AVP movie for me would be a faithful recreation of he first AVP comic from 89 set on Ryushi. Perfectly captured the vibe of Aliens and the portrayal of the Predators. f**king love this comic and novel

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jul 11, 2009, 03:59:08 AM
A perfect AVP movie for me would be a faithful recreation of he first AVP comic from 89 set on Ryushi. Perfectly captured the vibe of Aliens and the portrayal of the Predators. f**king love this comic and novel

My sentiments exactly.

-Rakai'Thwei

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jul 11, 2009, 03:59:08 AM

Yuatja predators and cannon-fodder aliens.  Wow.  How original.  :P

SiL

SiL

The comic had none of the Yautja crap. Steve Perry added that in the novel.

Übermensch

Übermensch

The comic has the teamup doesn't it?  Ok, I admit I haven't read the comic.  But Paul Anderson's AVP was partly based off the comic.

I'd rather see them go back to basics with just one alien and one predator hunting people.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jul 11, 2009, 07:25:07 AM
The comic has the teamup doesn't it?
Yes. Wouldn't be too hard to ditch it.

QuoteBut Paul Anderson's AVP was partly based off the comic.
He took a few ideas. But didn't execute them near as well.

QuoteI'd rather see them go back to basics with just one alien and one predator hunting people.
Which would probably get really boring really quickly. People want them to fight.

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2009, 07:30:07 AM
Which would probably get really boring really quickly. People want them to fight.

And that's the main problem.

No one wants to see a well-made movie, they just want to see two rubber monsters slapping the shit out of eachother.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jul 11, 2009, 07:32:23 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2009, 07:30:07 AM

And that's the main problem.

No one wants to see a well-made movie, they just want to see two rubber monsters slapping the shit out of eachother.

If they're not going to fight,at least not have a misleading title like Aliens vs Predator.

SiL

SiL

That's why I find the whole idea ill-suited for a movie. I've approached the concept from a lot of different angles, and that's what it boils down to; constructing a movie around dudes in rubber suits dry-humping each other to death.

The original comic did it decently, but it's been cherry-picked by the movies so much it would seem tired now; The fights didn't really ever take center stage, seen more from a distance from the human characters' points of views. It allowed you to have your fights without derailing the movie. It never cut from the characters to just the creatures fighting.

Approached like that, I think a decent story could be made. I doubt anyone would try it, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed