What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 588,602 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

It could be that those people are unaware of their hypocrisy. If they mean something to you in your life, bring it up and hopefully you can work through it.  If you can avoid them, do it.  You don't need that in your life.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just one of those days. Just fed-up.

Immortan Jonesy

Too much caffeinated soda made me "sleep" horrible last night. :'(👉👈

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2024, 10:30:40 AMJust one of those days.

It's been 24 years and I still can't not hear the song.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd forgot all about this.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I heard that in concert at the KROQ Weenie Roast in 2000.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2024, 06:46:07 AMKROQ Weenie Roast

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Local Trouble

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

No deployment anymore.  They replaced me with people that didn't initially want to go in their own unit.  Which is fine.  The person felt so bad about it that she tried to send me with the 101st THIS month, and I was like f**k no, I don't want to go with the crazy chicken division. 

But I'd been having pain when running in my left ankle, had it checked by a podiatrist, and may now have a ruptured Achilles.  They are supposed to MRI it wednesday, so that is a whole other bottle of bullshit I will maybe have to contend with. 

I have a big knot over my left ankle around the achilles, but since I still have mobility in it, they don't think its a complete tear, but do think that it is torn because its never going down vs tendonitis, but who knows. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So, that's it?  The dream is over?  No more Army? :(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 01, 2024, 09:29:16 PMI have a big knot over my left ankle around the achilles, but since I still have mobility in it, they don't think its a complete tear, but do think that it is torn because its never going down vs tendonitis, but who knows. 

Maybe you just got the gout?

Darkseed

Darkseed

I was supposed to have moved to a new apartment that I've rented. I've already moved my furniture and everything but the company responsible for everything failed to turn on the energy there so I don't have electricity. Now I have to live in the old one camping inside my own house.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 01, 2024, 09:29:16 PMNo deployment anymore.  They replaced me with people that didn't initially want to go in their own unit.  Which is fine.  The person felt so bad about it that she tried to send me with the 101st THIS month, and I was like f**k no, I don't want to go with the crazy chicken division. 

But I'd been having pain when running in my left ankle, had it checked by a podiatrist, and may now have a ruptured Achilles.  They are supposed to MRI it wednesday, so that is a whole other bottle of bullshit I will maybe have to contend with. 

I have a big knot over my left ankle around the achilles, but since I still have mobility in it, they don't think its a complete tear, but do think that it is torn because its never going down vs tendonitis, but who knows. 

Doesn't sound like a major tear as if it was you wouldn't be walking let alone running. Could be tendonitis but best to get a scan on it to be sure. Hope it's nothing serious and just something some rest and a bit of physio can fix.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 16, 2024, 10:42:54 AMJust having a rough time emotionally, feel like people tell me one thing but the reality looks to be another.

Hang in there Blue. People will let you down in life - even those that you love the most. I hope things look brighter for you today :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2024, 09:34:48 PMSo, that's it?  The dream is over?  No more Army? :(

The Army won't kick me out until they verify it with Army people.  If your in the reserve components, it is a super long process.  This is all on my own.  I would have to see the podiatrist, get the mri, get the surgery if it was needed, relay all that information to the Army, and then they would make the decision.  But since an Achilles is a recoverable injury and surgery, I doubt they would kick me out no matter what.   I've also had a broken L5 vertebrae in the Army which I didn't even get a drill off for.  I actually had to shoot crew serve weapons in full kit with a broken back. :\  L5 isn't a major injury, but it isn't a minor one either.  I know plenty of people in my civilian jobs who would've milked the shit outta it. 

QuoteDoesn't sound like a major tear as if it was you wouldn't be walking let alone running. Could be tendonitis but best to get a scan on it to be sure. Hope it's nothing serious and just something some rest and a bit of physio can fix.

It for sure isn't a complete rupture, but the podiatrist thinks it sounds more like a partial one than tendonitis.  Something about the swelling, the fact that it doesn't get better when I don't do anything (it doesn't hurt really it just feels really freaking strange), and when she was grabbing onto it, squeezing it and shit the lack of mobility resembling a tear vs tendonitis.  To her at least.  But I'll find out on Wednesday I suppose.

I've actually had this ever since I got back in (I'm not sure when it happened because I didn't run for so long when I was out), but it really only bothers me for the first mile or so of running, and then it either subsides, or my shitty running form I've developed while this has been going on causes so much soreness everywhere that I don't notice it as much during the run. 

I think another part of it is that I apparently have a tremendous threshold for pain.  When I went for the l5 fracture, it wasn't because it hurt me bad, it was because it felt like I was laying on a rock when I slept. 

Likewise, I probably would've never went for whatever this achilles issue is, if I could've kept my speed while running.  But while it isn't affecting my distance running to a great deal, it is making me slow as hell.  Can't get any propulsion. 

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2024, 12:53:01 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2024, 09:34:48 PMSo, that's it?  The dream is over?  No more Army? :(

The Army won't kick me out until they verify it with Army people.  If your in the reserve components, it is a super long process.  This is all on my own.  I would have to see the podiatrist, get the mri, get the surgery if it was needed, relay all that information to the Army, and then they would make the decision.  But since an Achilles is a recoverable injury and surgery, I doubt they would kick me out no matter what.   I've also had a broken L5 vertebrae in the Army which I didn't even get a drill off for.  I actually had to shoot crew serve weapons in full kit with a broken back. :\  L5 isn't a major injury, but it isn't a minor one either.  I know plenty of people in my civilian jobs who would've milked the shit outta it. 

QuoteDoesn't sound like a major tear as if it was you wouldn't be walking let alone running. Could be tendonitis but best to get a scan on it to be sure. Hope it's nothing serious and just something some rest and a bit of physio can fix.

It for sure isn't a complete rupture, but the podiatrist thinks it sounds more like a partial one than tendonitis.  Something about the swelling, the fact that it doesn't get better when I don't do anything (it doesn't hurt really it just feels really freaking strange), and when she was grabbing onto it, squeezing it and shit the lack of mobility resembling a tear vs tendonitis.  To her at least.  But I'll find out on Wednesday I suppose.

I've actually had this ever since I got back in (I'm not sure when it happened because I didn't run for so long when I was out), but it really only bothers me for the first mile or so of running, and then it either subsides, or my shitty running form I've developed while this has been going on causes so much soreness everywhere that I don't notice it as much during the run. 

I think another part of it is that I apparently have a tremendous threshold for pain.  When I went for the l5 fracture, it wasn't because it hurt me bad, it was because it felt like I was laying on a rock when I slept. 

Likewise, I probably would've never went for whatever this achilles issue is, if I could've kept my speed while running.  But while it isn't affecting my distance running to a great deal, it is making me slow as hell.  Can't get any propulsion. 

Ok. Does sound like a partial tear. Good luck with it mate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed