Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 435,225 times)

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 08:07:08 AM
The Facebook ones?

Nah, just the apps you download from Amazon or Google Play

Huggs

Huggs

Ok, I'll bite. Here's a few.

1. I'm overly hygienic, and I clean constantly. Doing laundry is therapeutic for me.

2. I've survived 3 tornadoes, and R.M.S.F. which literally almost killed me. I was told I shouldn't have survived.

3. I actually like the sound of my voice. It's one of (if not) the first things people mention when they meet me for the first time. Chicks seem to dig it the most. I'm not complaining.

4. I can find cheese anywhere. I don't care where you hid it, by God I'll find it.

5. I'm a minimalist.

6. I dream every single night. I haven't had a dreamless sleep in years, and that one time it was only due to absolute e.r. worthy exhaustion following the death of a loved one.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 05, 2015, 03:17:38 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 04, 2015, 01:50:06 PM
More often than what I'd want to acknowledge, I think about what I would say when I'm introduced to different specific celebrities x__x
I get that sometimes too, I always imagine it'll be in an elevator for some reason
I've actually dream around 3 or 4 times about meeting John Campea D: I have a big mancrush XDD

Prez

Prez

Not that you would tell by looking at me but I'm blind in one eye thanks to a workplace accident which involved a screwdriver and my eyeball.

Luckily there was zero scarring however permanent optic nerve damage instead.

Took me 6 months for my brain to adjust to using just one eye. That was 20 years ago almost to the day. I can do most things normally (sport, drive, etc). I just had piss poor peripheral vision on my right side so I do bump into things (or people) occasionally.

Scorpio

Scorpio

^That sucks.  I hope you got some compo.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Someone fired a shotgun near me, hitting a tree about 2 meters away from me, leaving a hole the size of my fist in it. I wasn't the one targeted, but i runned like hell anyways, even rolling in the grass to offer less body parts to target eventually  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2018, 12:46:10 PM
Someone fired a shotgun near me, hitting a tree about 2 meters away from me, leaving a hole the size of my fist in it. I wasn't the one targeted, but i runned like hell anyways, even rolling in the grass to offer less body parts to target eventually  :laugh:

That's not reducing target size, that's lining up for a booty shot.  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2018, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

That's not reducing target size, that's lining up for a booty shot.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kaltes on May 29, 2016, 03:37:44 AM
I'm a total night owl.

I don't like the sound of my voice. (Most tell me it sounds fine, but to me for whatever reason it just sounds annoying in my head)

I talk to myself...a lot.

Sometimes I stutter or have trouble getting words out. It annoys me.

I haven't had a haircut in over a year.

I'm asexual.

I have a passion for writing.

I adore writing.

Most of my key socialization is done through the internet.

We share three of these curious facts: I don't like the sound of my voice either, I talk to myself and I have a passion for writing. Besides, I used to be a night owl.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 20, 2018, 09:51:49 AM
^That sucks.  I hope you got some compo.

Not much to be honest. That said I hardly consider it a disability (despite it legally being one). I honestly have led a very normal life since and bar me telling people about it, most don't even realise.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I will often "listen" to movie commentaries while doing chores or tasks around the house. I have now added pod casts  ;D

Wysps

Wysps

I'm a nurse that works at night.  When I'm not chasing down patients, I'm scrounging for food to try and stay awake!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yooo the haircut's coming back to full power mode haha ! Expect to see new posts in the drunk tank thread after this saturday night !

D88M

D88M

I can move my ears and the back side of my head :/

Huggs

Huggs

Time to resurrect the dead.

Here's some more.

1. I'm right handed, but wear watches on my right hand. Never understood why it would be done the other way.

2. I sleep at the opposite end of the bed. More room to move and no walls or headboards to hit your head on.

3. I have to have a constant noise going in order to fall asleep. I use an oscillating fan and just lift the lock on it so it doesn't move. It doesn't even have to point at me, just as long as I can hear it.

4. I'm obsessed with The Titanic.

5. I've been hit in the face with a guitar (electric), and in the back of the head with a Harley motor. Never lost consciousness either time, (at least, not to the best of my recollection). ;D

6. Whenever I drive, I stop speaking altogether. It's not on purpose, it just happens. I don't even realize it unless somebody else is with me and asks if I'm upset about something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed