Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 435,166 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Vepariga on Feb 14, 2014, 07:53:49 AM
sometimes i dress myself like a Kill La Kill style sequence, pulling my shirt down fast and letting it go so it springs up as i make a crack sound,putting my arms thru my sleeves with speed and sfx and pulling my pants up fast and making a noise when i whip the belt on

pose

"Don't lose your waaaaaay..."

Always makes dressing up in the mornings more fun. :laugh:

Rong

Rong

Plz don't mention that song it gets stuck in my head... I find myself unexpectedly humming it throughout the day.

Vickers

Vickers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgA3moScyA#ws

Sorry, Rong. Please don't kill me.

Spoiler
At least it's an awesome song to have stuck in your head.
[close]

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 14, 2014, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 14, 2014, 05:13:44 AM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 14, 2014, 04:35:32 AM
I think the military lost all honor when gun-powder was invented.
The only wars worth fighting are ones against tyrants and now-a-days young men and women die for oil.

Trying real hard to be nice.

Don't, the dudes a dick.

Wow, and you criticized me for being sensitive? Hypocrite much?

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 14, 2014, 05:13:44 AM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 14, 2014, 04:35:32 AM
I think the military lost all honor when gun-powder was invented.
The only wars worth fighting are ones against tyrants and now-a-days young men and women die for oil.

Trying real hard to be nice.

Why? You support the military? Fine.
I despise it and every moron in it.

But that's just my opinion.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

A stupid f**king one at that.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Why? Give me a reason to admire them.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 15, 2014, 02:02:07 AM

Don't bother Cal, unless you want some totally random pm's.  :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 02:04:06 AM
You don't need to admire them but to despise every single person involved is dumb. Also, how was the military any more honorable before gunpowder was invented? People have fought for the same reasons for centuries. Nothing's really changed.

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 15, 2014, 02:05:23 AM
I have to indulge myself.  :laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes, because it was totally random that I wanted to apologise and see your point of view yet to have you throw it back in my face?

That was utterly RANDOM, no connection whatsoever.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 15, 2014, 02:07:00 AM
You don't need to admire them but to despise every single person involved is dumb. Also, how was the military any more honorable before gunpowder was invented? People have fought for the same reasons for centuries. Nothing's really changed.

I despise everything the military stands for today.
That was my point. It toils for greed now when it once toiled for ideals at tge very least, mostly before the Chinese invented gunpowder and honor was a main concern of the military.

I have a hard time liking anyone who took a job, within a system that as far as I can see only values strength.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

lolololololol

AliceApocalypse

Containment, protection, keep the peace from anarchy, to name a few.

They put their lives in harms way for the safety of others, what more do you need?

Or are you just trolling?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 02:07:58 AM

Yes, because it was totally random that I wanted to apologise and see your point of view yet to have you throw it back in my face?

That was utterly RANDOM, no connection whatsoever.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 15, 2014, 02:07:00 AM

I despise everything the military stands for today.
That was my point. It toils for greed now when it once toiled for ideals at tge very least, mostly before the Chinese invented gunpowder and honor was a main concern of the military.

I have a hard time liking anyone who took a job, within a system that as far as I can see only values strength.

I don't even know where to start.

So Attila the Hun, Alexander the Great, and many other emperors of their day who slaughtered people and held territory for no other reason than to slaughter people and hold territory are somehow more noble because they didn't have gunpowder?  Makes no f**king sense.

MOST employers would want strong employees unless you've only worked at the motherf**king burger king or some shit.  Especially if your joining an organization whose SOLE PURPOSE is to close with and destroy the enemies of your country.  When your not actually engaging the enemy, your training to engage the enemy.  Where exactly do spineless pussies fit into that equation?

I think you came in on a high horse with guns blazing, but your not really sure what your shooting at.  There are plenty of veterans on this forum and people that are still in uniform.  Hush yo mouf.

As for the reasons the wars are being fought that falls equally on the civilians who every election vote for their favorite candidate like its the f**king x factor or American idol instead of putting the most qualified applicant in office.  The US voters hated Bush so much they elected a man to replace him with his exact same foreign policy.  A guy who has placed more military personnel actively engaging enemy forces in more countries and ordered more drone strikes by far than his predecessor.

Meanwhile in that despicable organization that I am in, we have such strict rules of engagements that we put or own lives in danger before we are even allowed to point our weapon at somebody.  Pretty sure that was not the standard of action 1500 years ago.  If you've ever been sighted by a weapon before that's not your own its a pretty freaking weird feeling.  Especially when you know you can't do anything about it until they are in the actual act of doing it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Don't be so naive, that is what the police are supposed to be but aren't (not necessarily their fault either.) the military exist for offense not defense.

It's been a long time since a soldier has put their life on the line for anyone other that their fellow soldier, when neither should be in that situation to begin with. I understand that at certain points the military also provides for the less fortunate but that's different entirely, that's charity work.

It's unfair of me to say I don't respect anyone in the military, I do respect the medic.

But maybe due to my own personal reasons more than anything, I will never ever respect rigorous training to sickening degrees ir anyone who holds a weapon, unless it be for self-defence.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Partner your the naïve one.  A strong military was the best deterrent during the cold war.  We built our forces to almost unsustainable size and guess what?  It worked.

USSR bankrupted itself trying to keep up.  And there were no conventional shots fired between the two countries.

Meanwhile that evil empire the USA sits with all the same territories it paid to get.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

@Kimarhi

I never said alkl before gunpowder, just that a sense of honor was lost with it's invention. Skill no longer mattered as tge Mongols soon learned. I'm not blind to tge fact that war gas and always will be brutal.

But I have lost any semblence of understanding as to why should there still be a military?
I don't think it has as much of a purpose as it once did, why put lives on the line for something that isn't needed?

If you believe that the people are the problem by voting people into power who don't have their best interests in mind, aren't you contributing to the same goddamn problem by going off to war in the first place?By training and reinforcing tge mentality of whatever is demanded?

I didn't mean strength as in strength of talent, but the fact ut tries to squeeze everyone into one uniform so to speak.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 15, 2014, 03:26:26 AM
Partner your the naïve one.  A strong military was the best deterrent during the cold war.  We built our forces to almost unsustainable size and guess what?  It worked.

USSR bankrupted itself trying to keep up.  And there were no conventional shots fired between the two countries.

Meanwhile that evil empire the USA sits with all the same territories it paid to get.

It was a war of influence, the military had nothing to do with it. Especially since Russia had an even larger military, the only deterrents were if the nuclear sort and even without the military that could've been achieved through scientific backing.
Yes but that's before 'Murica decided to start sending off those men to die needlessly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed