Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 435,173 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Yeah. Bruce Willis said the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT0ofNU1NzA#ws

Masseffect Freak

I can sleep with my eyes open.

I can also hold still for such a long time that nature forgets about me and snakes and bugs, and squirls and other wildlife will move ontop of me or move past me without even realizing I'm there and still don't move an inch, and my girlfriend is freaked out when i don't make a noise when I walk.

I hate making foot step sounds.

I love my training.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Masseffect Freak on May 23, 2011, 01:42:27 AM

I can also hold still for such a long time that nature forgets about me and snakes and bugs, and squirls and other wildlife will move ontop of me or move past me without even realizing I'm there and still don't move an inch, and my girlfriend is freaked out when i don't make a noise when I walk.

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Masseffect Freak

Quote from: Ghostface on May 23, 2011, 02:25:23 AM

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Who?

Man I'm an ex marine sniper.

I have no idea who this Ghoul guy is.

chupacabras acheronsis

Time stamp your badges, jarhead.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Masseffect Freak on May 23, 2011, 02:30:54 AM

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Who?

Dont worry, he's a guy that used to post on here similar things. Difference is you've had legit training.

Masseffect Freak

Quote from: Ghostface on May 23, 2011, 02:40:38 AM

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Who?

Dont worry, he's a guy that used to post on here similar things. Difference is you've had legit training.

He sounds like a real punk from what I seen a few pages back.

But yeah man I was a marine. That's why I have this training. Next time I talk about my training I'll be sure to post that.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Masseffect Freak on May 23, 2011, 02:43:36 AM

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Who?

But yeah man I was a marine. That's why I have this training. Next time I talk about my training I'll be sure to post that.

No need bro, you've got nothing to prove around here. If you start talking about psychic powers though...

Masseffect Freak

Quote from: Ghostface on May 23, 2011, 02:53:12 AM
Quote from: Masseffect Freak on May 23, 2011, 02:43:36 AM

I love my training.

Do you know The Ghoul?

Who?

No need bro, you've got nothing to prove around here. If you start talking about psychic powers though...

Haha, I got it man.

chupacabras acheronsis

So how long were you in? designated team marskman or independant sharpshooter?

got any funny story?

Masseffect Freak

Masseffect Freak

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 23, 2011, 03:08:22 AM
So how long were you in? designated team marskman or independant sharpshooter?

got any funny story?

No I was mainly a lone wolf; most of the time I had a spotter but other times I didn't due to unforeseen events. I was never a DM of a squad.

I lost 3 spotters in my 8 years of duty.

A funny story?

We were sneaking through the desert and my spotter happened to trip and fall face first in shit. The idiot stunk for the whole damn mission pretty much and the flies swarmed in waves.

I however don't have too many funny stories. It was a very serious time for me back then and in that line of work you don't want to make mistakes.

I however do have alot of marine and other military jokes.

Example:

A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class.

He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated he was going to prove there was no God.

Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall.

Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine - just released from active duty and newly registered in the class - walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him tumbling from his lofty platform.

The professor was out cold! At first, the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent.

The class fell silent...waiting.

Eventually, the professor came to, shaken he looked at the young Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

"God was busy. He sent the Marines."

Cap. Fitzgerald

:laugh:

Masseffect Freak

I got more, but I need to head off to bed.

So I'll leave you guys one more about guard duty.

It was a dark, stormy, night. The Marine was on his first assignment, and it was guard duty.
A General stepped out taking his dog for a walk. The nervous young Private snapped to attention, made a perfect salute, and snapped out "Sir, Good Evening, Sir!"

The General, out for some relaxation, returned the salute and said "Good evening Marine, nice night, isn't it?"

Well it wasn't a nice night, but the Private wasn't going to disagree with the General, so the he saluted again and replied "Sir, Yes Sir!".

The General continued, "You know there's something about a stormy night that I find soothing, it's really relaxing. Don't you agree?"

The Private didn't agree, but them the private was just a private, and responded "Sir, Yes Sir!"

The General, pointing at the dog, "This is a Golden Retriever, the best type of dog to train."

The Private glanced at the dog, saluted yet again and said "Sir, Yes Sir!"

The General continued "I got this dog for my wife."

The Private simply said "Good trade Sir

Cap. Fitzgerald

:laugh:
I like you already man.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I respond much better to spoken instructions than written instructions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed