Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 77,513 times)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2012, 05:51:11 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 07, 2012, 04:35:09 PM
Simply that Scott went with the wrong designs.
More things points to one chain of event.
Fifield morphing into a xeno was maybe too obvious for mister mystery Lindelof so they decided to keep him in his first state.
Hope he will be back in the inevitable extended cut.

If they went to the stage of art and being built, it's more likely that Scott was the one responsible for downgrading them, not writers. Especially in light of the recent interview revelation. The things probably wouldn't have got to that level if they weren't already in the story.

The movie has not just been reeditied it has to be rewrittent too even on set.
Spoiler
The whole thing with Weyland getting out while Fifield attacks and Shaw on their trails is not just edit work.
[close]
But yeah the last word came from SCOTT no doubt.

BUGZ

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2012, 06:23:26 PM
Does anyone remember if the music for the 'An Old Friend' track featured in the film? Might have been a reference to this, if so - which means that it could have been filmed.
Yep it's there alright!

Ive had confirmation that my book will be here early tomorrow!! I'll post up some pictures!!

Goodtimes! 8)
Bri ;)

Xenomorphine

I really wish this image had been more clearly visible in the film:

http://lechib.free.fr/livreprometheus/hpqscan0002.jpg

The head design's reminiscent of some ghoulish interpretation of a camel spider. It's difficult to make out when you see it. Much clearer on here.

Spoiler
Would have been preferable to see on the creature's shoulders in the final scene.
[close]

Cvalda

Not terribly crazy about whatever-that-is's design, but it's solid, and at least somewhat biomechanical.

Digging the Engineer's stylish thigh-highs :laugh:

Zenzucht

If anything of that stuff won't be somehow on the blu-ray..

Then it will be "great"..

It means that all the juicy stuff will be in the FOX vaults for years..

Vulgotha

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2012, 07:34:49 PM

The head design's reminiscent of some ghoulish interpretation of a camel spider. It's difficult to make out when you see it. Much clearer on here.

Spoiler
Would have been preferable to see on the creature's shoulders in the final scene.
[close]

But what the hell was this even supposed to be? That creature wasn't in the film.

harlock

Just a thought guys - what if the Engineer they woke up was infected? Like Fifield style infected rather than carrying a chestburster/hugger inside him?

It'd explain him going all Jason on the crew, plus he had that xeno-style suit... could have been a mutation.

NGR01

Quote from: harlock on Jun 07, 2012, 10:02:35 PM
Just a thought guys - what if the Engineer they woke up was infected? Like Fifield style infected rather than carrying a chestburster/hugger inside him?

It'd explain him going all Jason on the crew, plus he had that xeno-style suit... could have been a mutation.

This my theory for the original ending.
The 3 other sarcophagis were chestbursted.
He stayed in stasis hoping to be saved, he wakes up, realize that it not a rescue party but humans go berzerk tries to take off, get chestbursted in midair, xeno grows up fast and attacks the survivors.

Feral_PRED

Quote from: harlock on Jun 07, 2012, 10:02:35 PM

That would be a very plausible explanation for all the things he did.

Game_Over_Man

Spoiler
[close]

It's magnificent artwork. Again, I'm just distraught we only got alf the film it should have been. How do so many good ideas and creations get cut out? What on earth were they thinking when they were editing this film. Bring back the ELDER and the fully mutated-Filfield!!

Xenomorphine

Elder wouldn't have made any difference. It's just another Engineer. Just an older one.

PROM3TH3US

I really need to get this book.  Freaking fantastic designs!

bobcunk

LarsVader

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 08, 2012, 04:03:33 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Jun 07, 2012, 01:11:39 PM
More scans here:

http://prometheusfrance.forumdefans.com/t36-le-livre-officiel-informations-officielles

http://lechib.free.fr/livreprometheus/
are any of the alien concepts actualy in the movie? i want to look but not get spoiled
Yep, they are.

And the book has been re-re-scheduled and is available from amazon.co.uk now.

Xenobluntz

Quote from: Vulgotha on Jun 07, 2012, 09:15:03 PM

Spoiler
[close]

But what the hell was this even supposed to be? That creature wasn't in the film.

Crazy idea but judging by that creatures biomechanical design and shoulders im guessing thats the creature that needs to be chestbursted to birth the xeno as we know and to the right is an engineer who probly had these creatures as slaves an did experiments on them and maybe these creatures lay eggs where the xeno gets it from lol idk first post

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed