Alien RPG Magnetic Map & Markers

Started by Thunderjack88, Mar 16, 2020, 08:31:27 PM

Author
Alien RPG Magnetic Map & Markers (Read 756 times)

Thunderjack88

Hi all,

So this is just to share what me and my Alien RPG DM put together for our game sessions.

After spit balling some ideas we decided to go for the old school computer map layout look with magnets so we can store our sessions and pick up exactly where we left off.

We used a A2 sized magnetic blackboard (frame now painted black), with Pawn shaped magnets and Green sheet /strip magnets all from Amazon. Under £50 and very practical all we needed to add was map legends and its icons blown up and laminated so we can stick them on the board also.
The DM has started painting a few so we can tell npcs apart and which ones are xenomorph nightmares.

Extra
Also for added affect we have the Alien Isolation soundtrack playing in a darkened room with lamp light so I bought a remote colour changing light bulb so we know when it just got real!

Hope this helps or inspires others wanting more than a drawn up map.
-TJ88

SiL

SiL

This is a great idea!

Thunderjack88

Thanks, I forgot to mention part of the reason for magnetising it is so the DM can keep areas/room layouts secret unless doors are opened etc.

Heres the finished product complete with a WY pin I got off Etsy.

Just looking for some smaller similar magnets to use as Kids and Facehuggers but otherwise ready for use.
-TJ88

razeak

razeak

Well damn, that's ingenious.

Thunderjack88

Quote from: razeak on Apr 04, 2020, 02:10:10 AM
Well damn, that's ingenious.

Thanks, it works well and very little mess between games.
-TJ88

The Old One

The Old One

Good idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed